We should sign Keiffer Moore in the Summer

He'll be signing permanently for Ipswich. It's been a cracking bit of business for them, but then they've got folk in charge that are willing to have a go when they see an opportunity. They know chances of promotion are slime over sides coming down with parachute money, so if you find yourself in a good position, you have to have the balls to go for it.

Unlike us, who literally gave up the season in January with a point off the playoffs. Our board seem to have league stability further up on their list of things to do, rather than any push for promotion.
I'd bite your hand off for league stability, the current ownership & management group are taking us in one direction.
Unless there's a massive overhaul in the summer we are going to get relegated, do you trust Dreyfus & Speakman to make a success of one

I'd bite your hand off for league stability, the current ownership & management group are taking us in one direction.
Unless there's a massive overhaul in the summer we are going to get relegated, do you trust Dreyfus & Speakman to make a success of one
I'd snap your hand off for 50 points next season. It's going to be a relegation battle IMO. I can't see the problems being addressed and we'll lose one of the best players in the league in Clarke.

Hopefully they get a head coach in who has the stomach for the fight otherwise we'll definitely go down.

Don't need to make a profit if he's free, they have stated they will take players over 26 if they are free due to the fact there's likely to be no sell on profit if we paid a transfer fee.
We were after him in January, so if he's free in the summer I see no reason we wouldn't be after him
He is not. My mistake -his contract runs to June 2025
We simply aren't going to pay the wages he'll get from another club.
And that is why we won't go up under this regime

What I meant was they'd be happy to see us 10th-13th every season, they don't have the intention to go up. We've seen that last 3 transfer windows.
I'd snap your hand off for 50 points next season. It's going to be a relegation battle IMO. I can't see the problems being addressed and we'll lose one of the best players in the league in Clarke.

Hopefully they get a head coach in who has the stomach for the fight otherwise we'll definitely go down.

Well, they wouldn't strengthen when we had Clarke in the team, so there's no reason to think they'll change tack in the summer.

Ignorance, arrogance and incompetence are rarely a good mix.

Last edited:
I think most fans think he didn't sign because we weren't seriously in for him.

I was watching an Ipswich match a few weeks ago and the commentator suggested that he was all set for us until Ipswich came in. I can't corroborate that but you'd think a commentator has better sources to garner info so could well be some truth.

After being linked several times over the last few years, when he'd have been ideal for us in both occasions, we'll sign him at 33/34 or when he's absolutely done through injuries and then hear for the next 5 years why we shouldn't sign anyone over 30 on decent wages etc.
Well, they wouldn't strengthen when we had Clarke in the team, so there's no reason to think they'll change tack in the summer.

It's scary looking at what they've done with the Stewart, Gooch and Lihadji money. That alongside the moving on of Pritchard, Batth, Gooch etc and replacing with younger squad members on longer contracts who haven't yet been as good makes the prospect of them having a potential 20m or so to spend absolutely frightening.

Thankfully we'll probably reach a point soon given how many young players we have on the books where we simply can't afford to just keep handing out long term deals.

Last edited:
After being linked several times over the last few years, when he'd have been ideal for us in both occasions, we'll sign him at 33/34 or when he's absolutely done through injuries and then hear for the next 5 years why we shouldn't sign anyone over 30 on decent wages etc.

It's scary looking at what they've done with the Stewart, Gooch and Lihadji money. That alongside the moving on of Pritchard, Batth, Gooch etc and replacing with younger squad members on longer contracts who haven't yet been as good makes the prospect of them having a potential 20m or so to spend absolutely frightening.

Thankfully we'll probably reach a point soon given how many young players we have on the books where we simply can't afford to just keep handing out long term deals.
I agree, It's terrifying what they'll do with the Clarke money. I have no confidence we'll get the strikers we need. I have no confidence we'll get the defensive midfielder we need.

Some of the lads they've signed should be able to get moved on. Fortunately they won't be on big wages. It won't be like the struggles we had to get rid of players in the premier league era.

Some of the lads they've signed should be able to get moved on. Fortunately they won't be on big wages. It won't be like the struggles we had to get rid of players in the premier league era.

Some will yeah. But some have come from lesser levels and are in 4 or 5 year deals so will be on increased wgaes from where they were playing. There's a few who will cost us to move on even if they're not as expensive as back in the PL days.

What I meant was they'd be happy to see us 10th-13th every season, they don't have the intention to go up. We've seen that last 3 transfer windows.

Yep that's exactly the mix that you describe above. The problem with the arrogance is they won't recognise the problem.
Some will yeah. But some have come from lesser levels and are in 4 or 5 year deals so will be on increased wgaes from where they were playing. There's a few who will cost us to move on even if they're not as expensive as back in the PL days.
Yep, that is far from ideal.

Most of them aren't good enough right now. Some of them will be under a decent head coach. Some of them will be in time. Some of them never will be.

Last edited:
Seems to already be agreed and shows genuinely how bad it is from those running it at the minute that we're going to be stuck with another player that quite clearly isn't at the level required.
The person who told me had a great line to go with it which I think he got from the club “Chelsea need to sell players so that gives us a good advantage over them in any deal”

I’m sure we’ll try. Like we did in January. But seemingly were outgunned by Ipswich. Whether that’s acceptable or not is a different discussion.

Good players have options. They’ll choose the one best for them.

I very much doubt we offered him the same wages as Ipswich did, that will be why he chose them and not us. That’s if we were even seriously in for him at all.

The liklihood is that he's on his Bournemouth wages and Ipswich or anyone else loaning him are covering a percentsfe of them agreed by Bournemouth given they're quite large.

Extremely unlikely the wages makes any difference to him. Its rare, but not unheard of, that a player actually gets an increase when on loan and he certainly won't be given the level of wages he's on.
He’d be lucky to get 5 chances a season here never mind goals. We’ve gone from being a really attacking and creative team to the most boring side I’ve ever seen.
Give over man. We had about 8 or 9 clear chances against Cardiff alone. This whole 'we don't create chances' thing is the biggest myth going.

Our strikers are appalling and don't even function - an 18 year old midfielder is completely showing them up and manages to often hold the ball up, win headers, link play, make diagonal runs in behind and sniff out opportunities in front of goal.

Sure we're not exactly free-flowing and we've got problems allover the pitch now, but put a half reasonable striker up there and we'd find him naturally, because he'd be an outlet.

Last edited:
Not a cat in hells chance we'll sign Moore or any other decent centre forward.
They'll peddle the line that we've invested heavily on 3 centre forwards for the future and they have a seasons experience under their belts and are ready to really kick on next season.
We might get another knacker on loan like Burstow, or even make him permanent.
You can see it a mile off.🤮

We won’t pay the wages or any fee so it’s pointless even discussing.

There’s a 17 year old in the Moldovan prem who is going for 5k though, more realistic.

Back