We should play 442

Crook Mackem

Striker
Seeing as Clarke and Roberts are out for the foreseeable .

Let's chuck hemir and rusyn up front and see what happens. On paper, as a partnership it looks perfect really.

Full backs stay back, couple of able runners on the flanks to bomb on / get back.

Balls to it, let's at least experiment and try something attacking for the remainder of the season

Seeing as Clarke and Roberts are out for the foreseeable .

Let's chuck hemir and rusyn up front and see what happens. On paper, as a partnership it looks perfect really.

Full backs stay back, couple of able runners on the flanks to bomb on / get back.

Balls to it, let's at least experiment and try something attacking for the remainder of the season
Based on?

Is the argument of Clarke & Roberts not being fit the opposite reason to go 4-4-2. They very much stick to the wing & cause damage in the opposition half.

I always liked three centre halves & wingbacks, but that was difficult to achieve with Clarke & Roberts as you’re asking them to work back more. Mind, I didn’t like it 20mins into Swansea. However, that formation frees up a player to play higher & more central. The change was probably that bad last week I doubt we’d do it again, but in Hume you’ve got a player who can play that role. Don’t know if styles is any good, but Cirkin, Alese, Huggins could.

But nah, 4-4-2 wouldn’t work these days with how everyone else plays.

Last edited:
Playing 442 would get us ripped to shreds with our current available players, more likely to use a 541 with Clarke and Roberts injured

Back