We miss Pritchard

We won’t mate but all I care about is that he refused to play for US, me and you.

He could have still got his move and was away a few months later anyway.

He was messed about by the club big style. The club would not commit to him all season, tell him he can leave and they will help him and then offer him a derisory offer to stay at the 11th hour.

He did what he had to do in the circumstances.

I would have the same attitude as you if it was like Darren Bent, which was very different.

Big contract, club committed to player and player engineers move v No contract in a couple of months, club being trying to get you out of door all season and player engineers move.

He went with my blessings anyway
Absolutely. Early doors he seemed to get stifled by Jobe and having Pritchard etc around. He deserved a chance, then got injured. Since then he's been pretty average and awful on a few occasions. But everyone else has been given a chance, so why not him? He certainly looked as if he was up for it and wanted to take the opportunity last night.

If we persist with either one of Jobe or Ekwah instead of him after last night we may as well just pack up for the season.

Aouchiche, Pembele, Seelt, Rigg, Rusyn, Mundle etc all need extended game time now. We need to give them the opportunity to bed in and develop so the season hasn't been absolutely wasted. Maybe not all at once like, but they need minutes.

I don’t think Rusyn is going to make it ever at this level. I don’t know about Pembele, he must be poor in coaches eyes with so many full backs out and Heljde getting a game.

But the other 4 I agree

Last edited:

He was messed about by the club big style. The club would not commit to him all season, tell him he can leave and they will help him and then offer him a derisory offer to stay at the 11th hour.

He did what he had to do in the circumstances.

I would have the same attitude as you if it was like Darren Bent, which was very different.

Big contract, club committed to player and player engineers move v No contract in a couple of months, club being trying to get you out of door all season and player engineers move.

He went with my blessings anyway

I don’t think Rusyn is going to make it ever at this level. I don’t know about Pembele, he must be poor in coaches eyes with so many full backs out and Heljde getting a game.

But the other 4 I agree

Rusyn isn't a centre forward tbh. I'm not sure he's strong/quick enough but then he's probably not had to battle centre halfs on his own before like he has to here. If he's a left sided forward or a central one who plays from the left we need to have someone there for him to play off or adapt to at least try him there whilst Clarke isn't available.

Pembele looks a bomscare defensively but he appears to be able to break lines and get forward. I'm not sure at all like, but if playing wingbacks as we've done a few times over the last few games then introducing him in that area for a decent period might have been an option.

I'm not sure on loads of them to be fair, but some are given extended opportunities like Ba and whilst occasionally he makes something happen due to trickery or physicality I doubt he'll ever play to a decent level as he's not got the brain for it.

Oh f***ing please, do you pissy little knackers never get sick of yourselves. He just was not that good that's why nobody ever came for the useless little nowt.

It’s class when there’s a thread knocked up about Pritch, every time I see you comment on one it outs you as knowing absolutely nothing about football!

He wasn’t perfect but he was our best central midfielder. What did he make something like 3 assists his last 5 games? A bit experience and calmness on the ball. Would it have hurt to stick an extra 12 months on his contract offer like he wanted? It was ridiculous letting him go.
We miss bathe prichard gooch cirkin huggins clark and roberts..but most of all someone like ross stewart!The team is not the focus..Were a puppy farm and untill that changes were going to be at best treading water in this division for years to come !....at worst we will be back in league one!

He wasn’t perfect but he was our best central midfielder. What did he make something like 3 assists his last 5 games? A bit experience and calmness on the ball. Would it have hurt to stick an extra 12 months on his contract offer like he wanted? It was ridiculous letting him go.
Once again , we downgraded. Saved on wages though :cool:

I always said we would miss him. Very good footballer and our best midfielder in terms of speed of transition. He spotted a pass quickly, and then passed the ball quickly. We are so pedestrian and deliberate in our build up play without him.
He wasn't perfect, he did not score enough for an attacking midfielder, but he was one of our best players. Also, along with the dearly departed Ross Stewart, he was excellent in applying the high press. None of the current forwards are anything like as good in this regard.

Pritchard spent 2.5 years here, and started 62 league games. He was (clever and a decent footballer, but) ultimately a squad rotation player here - even in League 1. Let's not pretend we've just sold prime Ronaldinho. We've been actively trying to shift him for 9 months.
Whose pretending we’ve just sold ronaldinho? Bizarre

Should still be here. Fact we’ve been trying to fuck him off for 9 months says everything about the bufoons who run this club

Imagine suggesting adil is the new prithard based on one good half hour of football after being at the club for 7 months 🤣 priceless

Do we ? Honestly think he was one of the most over rated players we've had in a fair old time. For being a player with such creativity he created next to fuck all.

I think we are missing Pritchards experience in games, but then we're missing Batth's experience at the back, and Evan's experience in midfield. What i would say is, he was fading fast in games, and could hardly keep up after 60 mims. I would have been happy to use him the rest of the season, but I wouldn't have given him another year tbh.

The players may or may not have liked Pritchard, he certainly had no love for them, the club or us. He wouldn't have dropped his teammates in it, the club in it and stuck two fingers up to the fans by downing tools and refusing to play while still taking our money if he did.
No other player at the club has done that, just Pritchard.

Disagree.

He wanted longer deal and deserved it. Speakman spoke in the weeks before that he was a critical member of the squad.

Yes he could have went about it differently but he absolutely loved this club. The fact he felt that annoyed that he had to say he wasn’t in a position to play is telling.

Hes a class above the majority of our midfielders despite his age.

Disagree.

He wanted longer deal and deserved it. Speakman spoke in the weeks before that he was a critical member of the squad.

Yes he could have went about it differently but he absolutely loved this club. The fact he felt that annoyed that he had to say he wasn’t in a position to play is telling.

Hes a class above the majority of our midfielders despite his age.
The fact our dof, speakshitman, came out and spoke publicly about offering him a one year deal was a disgrace imo

Done this with no other player and a cler attempt to try carry favour with the fans. Knowing at the time a one year deal would never be accepted

A shambles

yep a big miss, no coincidence the team hasn't performed since he left. Sort sightedness by KLD.

Back