We are Sunderland

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5265

Time for a bit of unity on the Politics board. No agenda, just straight-forward sharing of the big love that is being Sunderland.

Post below if you too are Sunderland.

Peace to all except the Mags,

janie
xx

Last edited by a moderator:

So that performance was your fault:evil:
Although I didn't go the game this time, I actually went home and saw all the family. The last time I came up was on the train and straight to the match for the Oxford game and we were shite then aswell.

I'm not one for superstition but........ it is creepy.

And I had season tickets the 19 and 15 point season.....

It's all my f***ing fault :cry::cry::cry:

Although I didn't go the game this time, I actually went home and saw all the family. The last time I came up was on the train and straight to the match for the Oxford game and we were shite then aswell.

I'm not one for superstition but........ it is creepy.

And I had season tickets the 19 and 15 point season.....

It's all my f***ing fault :cry::cry::cry:

And there was me defending your stance in TR thread:rolleyes:

I'm Sunderland, always will be. I put a few coins in the town's publicans purse on Saturday and will be putting a few more into our town on Friday as we're having a meal in Arabesque for my sons birthday.

I love my home town :)
That's the spirit, brother. FTM.

And there was me defending your stance in TR thread:rolleyes:
:lol: I know, what a let down. I live in York but I spend all week in Bristol at the moment. It's just not easy getting to games all the time. But I had season tickets every year when I still lived in the north east and I paid £110 this season to watch the games online.

I've always said I'd happily pay a full season tickets price to watch every game streamed. I don't see why I should get a cut price deal just because I'm not in the ground itself.

I'm Sunderland, always will be. I put a few coins in the town's publicans purse on Saturday and will be putting a few more into our town on Friday as we're having a meal in Arabesque for my sons birthday.

I love my home town :)

people who slag off the town need to think twice. IMHO.

Fire Station, The Derry (been done out) Dun Cow, Mexico 70 and the church Lane thing all around the Empire showing West End shows is fantastic now.

You can have a cracking night out all within a couple of hundred yards.

I prefer something a bit messier but it's there for the more sophisticated punter.

:lol: I know, what a let down. I live in York but I spend all week in Bristol at the moment. It's just not easy getting to games all the time. But I had season tickets every year when I still lived in the north east and I paid £110 this season to watch the games online.

I've always said I'd happily pay a full season tickets price to watch every game streamed. I don't see why I should get a cut price deal just because I'm not in the ground itself.

Family > football IMHO.

Not Sunderland born but Sunderland by choice since 88. Came to the North east and worked tyneside, hated it, people not like home Nosey posey "you'll never be geordie like me " buggers
Then worked Sunderland and although I couldn't get the lingo at first you could tell it was from the heart whatever was said with no elitism..
Will always love and support Sunderland and wearside

people who slag off the town need to think twice. IMHO.

Fire Station, The Derry (been done out) Dun Cow, Mexico 70 and the church Lane thing all around the Empire showing West End shows is fantastic now.

You can have a cracking night out all within a couple of hundred yards.

I prefer something a bit messier but it's there for the more sophisticated punter.

Family > football IMHO.
Family comes before anything for me, hence I've only been to one game this season.

I don't see anyone all week so my weekend is usually centered around keeping the missus happy. But every now and then I travel up north to see the family.

This years been a one off like, usually if I work away it's only for a couple of days a week or a month stint. This year has been every week, 5 days non-stop. It gets a bit shit at times but........... that games room with beer pumps, surround sound, pinball machine and pool table (one can dream :cool:) isn't going to pay for itself :lol:

I was born and brought up in the south east by two parents who, for the 60 odd years they lived down here, always viewed the north east as Home. They taught me to feel the same so I have very little attachment to the village in which I grew up but a lot for the north east and , having been married to a Scot and spent a fair amount of time studying and working in Dundee, a very soft spot for Scotland. I blame my dad for my attachment to SAFC as he was a life long supporter and it rubbed off without me realising until it was too late and I was hooked. I get to games when I can - love the atmosphere and the attitude of our fans.
Less affection for Sunderland itself. I often visit with my grandchildren (5 and 9) and they love the beaches, walking round by the river etc but often ask why it’s so dirty - why there’s broken glass on footpaths (they worry about dogs cutting their paws) and mostly why nobody seems to pick up after their dogs despite there being plenty of bins?

I was born and brought up in the south east by two parents who, for the 60 odd years they lived down here, always viewed the north east as Home. They taught me to feel the same so I have very little attachment to the village in which I grew up but a lot for the north east and , having been married to a Scot and spent a fair amount of time studying and working in Dundee, a very soft spot for Scotland. I blame my dad for my attachment to SAFC as he was a life long supporter and it rubbed off without me realising until it was too late and I was hooked. I get to games when I can - love the atmosphere and the attitude of our fans.
Less affection for Sunderland itself. I often visit with my grandchildren (5 and 9) and they love the beaches, walking round by the river etc but often ask why it’s so dirty - why there’s broken glass on footpaths (they worry about dogs cutting their paws) and mostly why nobody seems to pick up after their dogs despite there being plenty of bins?
There's just pure scum around that's why. Kids with no respect whatsoever. Scum breed more scum and in greater numbers than decent folk. They need to be sterilised. Anyone caught dropping litter should be publicly flogged. Smashing glasses on footpaths should be at least 50 lashes.

:cool: FTM

Back