Wayne Entwhistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although not our two most illustrious of centre forwards, I'm still proud of the fact I saw them both notch hat tricks for the lads at Roker. Proof positive that "every dog sees its day" :lol:

R.I.P. Mick lad.

Lord above, is he dead anarl? I only heard about Jim Holton this morning.

Lord above, is he dead anarl? I only heard about Jim Holton this morning.

Morbid I know but do we have a Xl playing up in the clouds? Who played from 1970 onwards.
Tim Carter/Juergen Macho, Jim Holton, Rob Hindmarsh, Mick Buckley, Ian Porterfield, Mel Holden
Who else?

Morbid I know but do we have a Xl playing up in the clouds? Who played from 1970 onwards.
Tim Carter/Juergen Macho, Jim Holton, Rob Hindmarsh, Mick Buckley, Ian Porterfield, Mel Holden
Who else?
You sure about Jurgen Macho? Did you mean Marton Fulop RIP?

Although not our two most illustrious of centre forwards, I'm still proud of the fact I saw them both notch hat tricks for the lads at Roker. Proof positive that "every dog sees its day" :lol:

R.I.P. Mick lad.

You must of seen Tom on a good day...as everytime I watched him he was absolute shite...and that early 80s perm:eek::lol:

You must of seen Tom on a good day...as everytime I watched him he was absolute shite...and that early 80s perm:eek::lol:

For the younguns just to get history right Tom Ritchie and Wayne Entwhistle were not as good as Mel Holden and Bob Lee and they were all pretty poor second division(championship) players none of them were in same league as Gary Rowell who was a totally different class. They were all good personalities though

For the younguns just to get history right Tom Ritchie and Wayne Entwhistle were not as good as Mel Holden and Bob Lee and they were all pretty poor second division(championship) players none of them were in same league as Gary Rowell who was a totally different class. They were all good personalities though
From a season ticket holder from back then. TR and WE and MH and BL would argue not a great deal of difference the latter probably having the edge. Gary Rowell was excellent and Pop Robson was with us twice. Absolutely loved him an excellent player.

I used to travel from Concord on the bus back then and always told the lads he'd score a hat trick.... we nearly died when he did:eek::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back