Wayne Entwhistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The great Roly eh..Were you there when he missed the open goal at Fulwell end from about 4 yards out ? Kicked over the bar. Think his one and only match? Heard Gafaffii the pit yacker shout knowingly to a silenced, disbelieving Fulwell end , "he tried to knock his fatha out of the tree." Days before racial enlightenment hit Roker....whatever happened to Wor Roly?
I had progressed from the Fulwell to the Clock Stand seats by the time Roly came to the club. I think his overall lack of skill is the reason I remember him so well. I remember Wayne Entwistle scoring a diving header into the Roker end goal when the ball as about 12 inches from the ground. Now compare that to some of the half hearted fannies we've had recently!!

Bit of a James Vaughan type, not that good but worked his socks off. Did the knock down for Alan Brown to score at Wrexham iirc

The great Roly eh..Were you there when he missed the open goal at Fulwell end from about 4 yards out ? Kicked over the bar. Think his one and only match? Heard Gafaffii the pit yacker shout knowingly to a silenced, disbelieving Fulwell end , "he tried to knock his fatha out of the tree." Days before racial enlightenment hit Roker....whatever happened to Wor Roly?
Roly Gregoire (think that's how you spelled it). The first black player to play for Sunderland. He wasn't very good played on the wing.

Bollox, I loved Wayne, never forget he scored a magnificent goal in the Lord Rowell game at the shit tip

Always put himself about on the pitch. Wasn't blessed with skill but made up for it with 100 per cent effort.

Six foot two, eyes of blue, big Jim Holton's after you.
Now I really liked him good centre half as they called them back then. Had him on loan didn't manage to buy him from Man Utd.

Last edited:
Orange ball because of the snow, won 5-1 against one of the Bristol teams, admittedly can't remember if it was City or Rovers
Loved them days at Roker Park in the Fulwell End. Moved to the Roker End mid 80s, then The Clockstand Paddock in the early 90s, occassionally used to go in the Mainstand Paddock near the Roker End if the away fans were in the big corner just for the banter :lol::lol:

Cracking, that Speedie was a nasty piece of work. Would've fit in with Revie's Leeds. Talking of which, that scrap was good but not as good as Francis Lee v Norman Hunter.

Loved them days at Roker Park in the Fulwell End. Moved to the Roker End mid 80s, then The Clockstand Paddock in the early 90s, occassionally used to go in the Mainstand Paddock near the Roker End if the away fans were in the big corner just for the banter :lol::lol:
Was class we started in Roker End then paddock right next to players tunnel. Used to bray on the tunnel when the players ran out :oops::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back