Waves Festival 2023

Yup, thought was really good, long day, feet knackered, bit rough this morning 😀

We got to the bunker, then indi for Deco (class band) . Got turned away from diegos as it was rammed. Went to fire station for Pigs , didn't really like them. Then Isis for a band, was canny. Then back to fire station and then Peacock at the end. Goosed now

Managed to get into Diego's for a set, dunno who it was like then Indie for another at around 6ish. Forgot the name of them but they were excellent. Seems a class day and setup, will hopefully get tickets for next year's.

Managed to get into Diego's for a set, dunno who it was like then Indie for another at around 6ish. Forgot the name of them but they were excellent. Seems a class day and setup, will hopefully get tickets for next year's.
Was a great event. Not sure on the anti thatcher poet - not the 80s anymore. Understand he struggles with men tal health but this old fashioned 'we are victims 'mindset holds us back - the city is about to blossom celebrate now. Oh and everything everything are gods

Was a great event. Not sure on the anti thatcher poet - not the 80s anymore. Understand he struggles with men tal health but this old fashioned 'we are victims 'mindset holds us back - the city is about to blossom celebrate now. Oh and everything everything are gods

was that bennie rabble? the poet?

i found everything everything a bit boring. the lead lad had good energy but the music is just a bit lame.

Great to hear this was success, gutted to miss it as was in hospitality at match yest, early KO would have been perfect for it!
Attended Stockton Calling last few years, same idea, but its such a good day out to see so many great bands in small venues.
Hopefully can make it next year.

Great to hear this was success, gutted to miss it as was in hospitality at match yest, early KO would have been perfect for it!
Attended Stockton Calling last few years, same idea, but its such a good day out to see so many great bands in small venues.
Hopefully can make it next year.

we were just talking about how they could possibly make it bigger, i'm not sure how. other than maybe adding The Point as another venue. was loads of people after tickets

we were just talking about how they could possibly make it bigger, i'm not sure how. other than maybe adding The Point as another venue. was loads of people after tickets
looking at the venues, they were more spread out than Stockton mind, so yeah id agree there must be scope for a few more bars to get invloved

looking at the venues, they were more spread out than Stockton mind, so yeah id agree there must be scope for a few more bars to get invloved

aye thats just the nature of the town.

we managed to get to 6 of the 8 venues (fire station twice) and nipped to Ttonic between the isis and fire station to meet some mates for a pint.

walked to the match from home and was on our feet all day, must have walked 10 miles i'm goosed today. was a class day though. town was nice and busy

He turned up at the Peacock just before Lambrini Girls, complaining about how poorly the poetry was promoted. Aside from the fact he was very poor, and delayed Lambrini Girls starting by 20 minutes, someone took the mic off him at one point and accused him of pushing a woman. All in all, a bit embarrassing.

Loved Everything Everything. You could tell Pigs were talented, just not for me

was that bennie rabble? the poet?

i found everything everything a bit boring. the lead lad had good energy but the music is just a bit lame.
To each their own mate....lambrini girls great energy. Poet was a museum vaults punk. Just feel its a bit dated that message now.

Wonder who they can get in next year to headline. Boundaries festival next in 2 weeks at minster. Mint
He turned up at the Peacock just before Lambrini Girls, complaining about how poorly the poetry was promoted. Aside from the fact he was very poor, and delayed Lambrini Girls starting by 20 minutes, someone took the mic off him at one point and accused him of pushing a woman. All in all, a bit embarrassing.

Loved Everything Everything. You could tell Pigs were talented, just not for me
Yes I was behind the bloke who was not happy. Saw poet lurking at back after...bet he doesn't feel great today mind.
Did it sell out? It would be great over 2 days as couldn't see loads of bands as crossover. Be good to get some bigger bands....chemical brothers perhaps
aye thats just the nature of the town.

we managed to get to 6 of the 8 venues (fire station twice) and nipped to Ttonic between the isis and fire station to meet some mates for a pint.

walked to the match from home and was on our feet all day, must have walked 10 miles i'm goosed today. was a class day though. town was nice and busy
Our towns actually quite high when you fa tor isis to pop recs
Canny place Diego...Good beer
💥 ANOTHER 14 BANDS ADDED! Buzzing to be able to share the (almost) full lineup for Waves 2023 featuring the additions of stage headliners Dead Pony & Lambrini Girls alongside back for a 2nd year the BBC Music Introducing stage.

🎫 Tickets on sale now: Waves Festival 2023 ft. Everything Everything at The Fire Station, Sunderland on 11th Nov 2023

Please welcome to the party: Bitchfinder General, CHAT - artist/band, Ivies, Komparrison, Maius Mollis, Northern Hospitality, Patrick Gosling Music, Sarah Johnsone, The New Shade, Tin Ribs, Twister, ZELA.

Thanks to Sunderland City Council and all of our sponsors, promoters and venues for supporting the festival.

Logon or register to see this image
Who is the lead promotor in charge of band hire?

Last edited:
Did it sell out? It would be great over 2 days as couldn't see loads of bands as crossover. Be good to get some bigger bands....chemical brothers perhaps

aye it sold out on tuesday. i knew loads of people, and heard of a few more, who didn't expect it to sell out and were planning on just paying for a wristband on the day.

i think now its sold out, next year will see ticket sales fly when their first released. we'll get ours straight away this time, and i reckon there'll be high demand due to the good reports from this year

We got to the bunker, then indi for Deco (class band) . Got turned away from diegos as it was rammed. Went to fire station for Pigs , didn't really like them. Then Isis for a band, was canny. Then back to fire station and then Peacock at the end. Goosed now
Glad to hear you got tickets in the end

Really liked deco.

Agree with alot of the above, the venues are just that bit spread out that its impossible to catch little bits of everyone as it is in stockton or Wakefield where ive been to similar festivals.

Was a bit surprised how each stage only had a few bands on, think they could fit in alot more bands.across the day.

The poet didnt really fit in at peacock, not sure why he wasnt on at diegos. He's a canny lad but it didnt go down at all well. Given the date it was just totally the wrong message at the wrong time

Really liked deco.

Agree with alot of the above, the venues are just that bit spread out that its impossible to catch little bits of everyone as it is in stockton or Wakefield where ive been to similar festivals.

Was a bit surprised how each stage only had a few bands on, think they could fit in alot more bands.across the day.

The poet didnt really fit in at peacock, not sure why he wasnt on at diegos. He's a canny lad but it didnt go down at all well. Given the date it was just totally the wrong message at the wrong time

We were still a few tickets short. Loads of people couldn't get tickets.

We were still a few tickets short. Loads of people couldn't get tickets.
Surprised there wasn't more bother with capacity given it sold out. We went to pigs and everything everything which would be the most popular bands and neither seemed totally rammed, busy obviously but not at capacity. Obviously firestation is by far the biggest venue and I'm sure the smaller places will have filled up at times.

Think they could have timed things better, if everything everything was at capacity there was nothing else on at the time

aye it sold out on tuesday. i knew loads of people, and heard of a few more, who didn't expect it to sell out and were planning on just paying for a wristband on the day.

i think now its sold out, next year will see ticket sales fly when their first released. we'll get ours straight away this time, and i reckon there'll be high demand due to the good reports from this year
I'm gonna go every year. Check boundaries festival out in a fortnight I sunderland. November is festival month is sunderland. Should make it like a north by north east

Really liked deco.

Indeed....he was on at firestation as well. I'm sure he is a sound lad.

Last edited:

Back