Waves Festival 2023

Will be a good day this, 1230 kick off, then straight into town for bands all afternoon and all night

Anyone got any recommendations for any of the bands ?

💥 ANOTHER 14 BANDS ADDED! Buzzing to be able to share the (almost) full lineup for Waves 2023 featuring the additions of stage headliners Dead Pony & Lambrini Girls alongside back for a 2nd year the BBC Music Introducing stage.

🎫 Tickets on sale now: Waves Festival 2023 ft. Everything Everything at The Fire Station, Sunderland on 11th Nov 2023

Please welcome to the party: Bitchfinder General, CHAT - artist/band, Ivies, Komparrison, Maius Mollis, Northern Hospitality, Patrick Gosling Music, Sarah Johnsone, The New Shade, Tin Ribs, Twister, ZELA.

Thanks to Sunderland City Council and all of our sponsors, promoters and venues for supporting the festival.

Logon or register to see this image

I see the schedule is out, looks class. Hopefully someone can post the image with the whole line up / times / venues - clash finder thing

We're gonna try and do one band in each venue, so at least 8 bands.. maybe

Tear Jerker @ the isis 1445
Hannah Robinson @ port of call 1530
Mauis @ the bunker 1615
trunky Juno @ indipendant 1645
dead wet things @ Diego's 1845
the voyd @ pop recs 2015
Everything everything @ fire station 2130
galaxians @ the peacock 2230

Some thing like that

Pleased/surprised to hear that this has sold out!

Does anybody know how they determine how many tickets to sell when it's spread across so many different, and different-sized venues? What happens if everybody decides to go to one of the smaller venues at the same time, let's say to see Get Wrong at the Isis?

Does anybody know how they determine how many tickets to sell when it's spread across so many different, and different-sized venues? What happens if everybody decides to go to one of the smaller venues at the same time, let's say to see Get Wrong at the Isis?
I assume they sell as many that would fill the biggest venue (the fire station) then have to stop there, otherwise it wouldn't be able to handle capacity?

Each venue is limited..it says on the ticket website that wristband doesn't necessarily guarantee entry
I assume they sell as many that would fill the biggest venue (the fire station) then have to stop there, otherwise it wouldn't be able to handle capacity?
I think they'll sell more than that, as there's 8 venues.

Maybe 60% of each venue. Agree it would be difficult to work out. But the last band of the night is at the peacock when all the other venues have closed, and it only holds a couple of hundred. So if everyone goes there there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

But what can you do? Hopefully everyone is spread around evenly

Last edited:
Each venue is limited..it says on the ticket website that wristband doesn't necessarily guarantee entry

I think they'll sell more than that, as there's 8 venues.

Maybe 60% of each venue. Agree it would be difficult to work out. But the last band of the night is at the peacock when all the other venues have closed, and it only holds a couple of hundred. So if everyone goes there there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

But what can you do? Hopefully everyone is spread around evenly
Assumed the last one was at the fire station. Fair enough, hopefully it works out OK.

You get turned away. Happened to me earlier this year for Dan Avery in Leeds. Place was full so couldn’t get in.

Back