Watmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another full weeks training for him coming up, no niggles and he'll be looking sharp for Portsmouth.

This will be Wyke's 2nd full week of training as well, wonder how slowly we bring him back but were getting closer to having all of our long termers back.

Another full weeks training for him coming up, no niggles and he'll be looking sharp for Portsmouth.

This will be Wyke's 2nd full week of training as well, wonder how slowly we bring him back but were getting closer to having all of our long termers back.
Ross admitted they rushed him back too quickly last time, doubt we'd make the same mistake.

Unlucky with that burst into the box and of course was scythed down when clear at the end. Looking good on his short-lived return.
Very unlucky with the shot he took...if it hadn't hit the defenders bonce to deflect it, it would have been in......We were right in line sitting behind the goal. I might disagree about whether he has or has not lost his pace mind but I'll give him a few more matches to get up to speed.

We rushed him in terms of him looking unfit but the actual injury he got wasn't to do with him being back early
The only link is that he wasn’t strong enough or up to match speed fully, had he have been he may have come off with an injury less severe. All ifs, buts, and maybes.

He shouldn’t start against Pompey for me, he’s potentially the match winner. Having him come on against a tiring defence will be the right choice tactically.

Be interesting to see if he starts against Portsmouth.

I totally get the argument of being him back slowly, but he’s shown me enough that he’s good enough to be in our starting 11, and as we are playing top of the league if he’s fit he should start.

He's shown that he can come off the bench when the opposition have been running around for over an hour already. Totally different kettle of fish starting but the signs were very very good yesterday

Not on the pitch very long yesterday, we did manage to get one dink over the top for him to chase onto in that time though. He also got in a good slot when Mcgeady wasted the chance to cross, I think Maguire was running in just behind Duncan too. Good to see.

Got better and better the longer he was out injured. He’s decent enough for where we are though. Hopefully he can put his injuries behind him and he kicks on.

Some people appear to hope you're wrong, I really don't get it tbh.
They like to think they've got expert opinion and are in denial when people realise they haven't.

He was a decent option off the bench running at tired legs in the PL so I'm sure will cause a lot of damage over the next 2 seasons (as long as he stays fit).

Last edited:
From what I was listening to in the second half. We did hit the ascendency, when they came on. Before that it sounded rather stale, but it then got exciting, and us on the attack and you could even hear the crowd getting behind them!
Maguire was poor again, maybe a bit of movement we were lacking beforehand but wasteful in good positions .... though did force a good save after McGeady hit the bar. Watmore ordered little... one run out of play, one fluffed chance in the box where his touch let him down and one run where he was brought down.

Maguire's form worries me a little after a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back