Water bills to rise by average 6% from April

Scandalize where their spending the money, Shit on the rivers and sea but price rises
cant expect dividends to drop in a monopoly to pay for repairs they should have made over the last 30 years.

Don't take this as I'm sticking up for any council but the cost of all materials has risen massively, government funding has been stripped back and so I guess we are the poor sods who plug the shortfall.

Bet the council tax wouldn't go down if things improved either
There was a feature on Look North last night about how York council is struggling with funding so they've upped the parking costs to £20 a day to bring money in.

The (Tory) finance bloke at Durham County Council wrote to the (Tory) government to say cuts from central government were too much. It says a lot when your own party is being called out.

We're buggered.

Well that's just great, another thing to go up in price. So we'll have water, Tyne tunnel, my phone bill, car and bike insurances and mortgage all going up within the next few months on top of the rest. Shite this country like
Thant can`t be right - Rishi tells us his plan his working every day. We are better off now because our kind Chancellor, Jeremy, is putting more money into our pockets, so he keeps saying :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
There was a feature on Look North last night about how York council is struggling with funding so they've upped the parking costs to £20 a day to bring money in.

The (Tory) finance bloke at Durham County Council wrote to the (Tory) government to say cuts from central government were too much. It says a lot when your own party is being called out.

We're buggered.
They slash Council budgets and then Councils lose access to European Funding ( as a result of Tory policy) and then the Tories flick a few levelling up crumbs around and they think that they are doing us all a favour and being generous.

Last edited:
Northumbrian Water
Customer Centre
PO Box 300
Durham
DH1 9WQ

Dear Sir/Madam at Northumbrian Water as my trusted public servants,

Thank you for your recent correspondence dated 4th June2021 and for the information you have provided.

As you are unable to provide me with exact chemicals and the amounts in percentages added to the water treatment works that supply this address, I am unable to take this matter further.

After some of my own research, I have found that the chemicals used in the water treatment process are harmful to the human body.

To name a few;

Potassium Chloride effects on the body - Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat, signs of a high potassium level like a heartbeat that does not feel normal; change in thinking clearly and with logic; feeling weak, lightheaded, or dizzy; feel like passing out; numbness or tingling; or shortness of breath, slow heartbeat, chest pain or pressure, signs of bowel problems like black, tarry, or bloody stools; fever; mucus in the stools; throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; or very bad stomach pain, constipation, or diarrhoea, swelling of belly.

Hexaflurorosilicic acid effects on the body - respiratory acidosis, other possible symptoms include sleepiness, tremors, sweating, anxiety, warm and flushed skin and shortness of breath.

Aluminium Sulphate effects on the body - Burning in the mouth and throat, mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, rarely haemorrhagic gastritis, circulatory collapse and multi-organ failure, increased aluminium absorption and retention in bone is reported following acute ingestion without apparent adversesequelae. Chronic exposure to aluminium sulphate in drinking water may be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease though this remains a highly contentious issue.

As you have stated, Northumbrian Water staff wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when handling these chemicals from delivery up to invasive work, therefore it is clear that these chemicals are hazardous to handle even just for delivery. So my question would be why would I want to pay for a service that provides me with ‘drinking water’ with hazardous chemicals in it?

I do not wish to take this matter further as I will not be using your service.

Yours Sincerely

The Occupier

All rights reserved

None waived ever
So you want them to cut off your water supply? What will you replace it with for getting washed and stuff?

Price increase are bigger in Scotland where water is still nationalised

I lived in Scotland until quite recently, never saw a water bill as it was included in my council tax.

Council tax that was lower than my council tax in England.

Possibly due to the Barnett formula, not many people in England seem aware of this.

We're buggered.
Should use the Park and Ride. They also had a segment on the crap that is in the river as well mainly courtesy of Yorkshire Water. When our water was supplied by York Waterworks our dining water came from the river, gone downhill over the years since Yorkshire Water took over. Not a hope in hell that they'll clean the Ings up once the water has receded.

I take steam rooms & shower & shave at the health club. On a water meter at home & it's saved quite a bit. Still treat myself to a bath now & again mind 😃

Well that's just great, another thing to go up in price. So we'll have water, Tyne tunnel, my phone bill, car and bike insurances and mortgage all going up within the next few months on top of the rest. Shite this country like
'You will have nothing and be happy'.

Class seeing all our disposable incomes squeezed mind.

Looking forward to sacking Vodafone off too, prices increased every quarter 'in line with inflation', robbing ****s.

Haway the giff gaff / lebara mobile.

Back