Wasp infestation types

You need 3 things, deodorant, a lighter and your phone.

Deodorant and the lighter will sort the nest out, your phone is for recoding it so you can post what happens on here.

Ha ha, I’m sure that would be very entertaining... the council bloke who called out today said “whatever you do, don’t open the hatch to your loft space”. He looked very serious when he said it so I’m going obey every word he said!

I used some powdered stuff my Dad had left in his garage from the 1970' s last year.
It worked fantastic however it will be banned so no use to you.

The powder works brilliantly but I wouldn’t fancy going into the loft to spray it.

If you can find the place where they are entering/exiting the space, that is where to use it rather than the nest itself.

Ant dust does the trick.

Just had a nest in my loft, a couple of puffs of ant dust , went back two days later, all but two of them dead , brushed the lot into a bag and jd.

Do you know where they are getting in?
Can you safely get to it, by ladder etc.
Put the ladder to the hole and leave it all day, at dusk go to hole with wasp powder which you can buy at any store like B&Q etc and squirtin hole.

Next Morning all resolved.

As per the title!

Does anyone deal with or know anyone who can help with some blighters that have set up shop in my loft space?

Thanks in advance
I had one in my shed last week right above the door. I bought some spray, Karlsten Wasp Nest Killer and treated the nest over 3 evenings. The first evening I sprayed the entrance to the shed door but that was ineffective as I could still see wasps flying in a gap in the door of the shed the next day

On the second day I sprayed the actual nest and on the third I sprayed into the hole where the wasps entered/left the nest. The following day I knocked the nest off and put it in a plastic bag and binned it.

I think the second days treatment worked as I saw no wasps after that but I continued for the extra day to make sure.

I did dress up like the Terminator though with goggles, face mask, hat and covered every possible inch of skin and I was papping it when I went into the shed on the second day to directly spray the nest and legged it back in the house.

I`m not sure I`d want to get stuck in a loft with a bunch of wasps though. Think you`d be better off getting the Council out to sort it for you. How big is it? The one in my shed was quite small, maybe the size of one of those mini training football things.

Badgers eat wasps nest. Let a few badgers loose in your loft.
To get rid of the badgers you're gonna need a lynx, a brown bear or a wolf.
Not sure what to do after that.
You need Leonardo DiCaprio he is great at killing bears, I’ve seen The Revenant. But he is a keen environmentalist so may kill just the bear but not the wasps , I dunno best ask him.

We have a 3 storey house and the twats enter right at the top of the gable end so it’s a long, long way up. You wouldn’t fancy falling from that height. Another so called wasp killer came out this morning but said the entrance is too high so they would need a cherry picker to sort it!

The wasps will be eating my house soon the twats.

Some very funny replies though!

Back