Warm up matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the ICC decided we needed 11 warm up games before 51 actual games.

But can't have more teams in and let teams warm up against the teams they going play

Bonkers as usual from the ICC

So the ICC decided we needed 11 warm up games before 51 actual games.

But can't have more teams in and let teams warm up against the teams they going play

Bonkers as usual from the ICC
I’d say warm up games make sense for those who haven’t played in the conditions for a while, so those who are not England and Pakistan

Imagine if we went to Australia without warms up before an Ashes series...

Obviously the tournament should be bigger. You don’t develop cricket if it’s a closed shop

I’d say warm up games make sense for those who haven’t played in the conditions for a while, so those who are not England and Pakistan

Imagine if we went to Australia without warms up before an Ashes series...

Obviously the tournament should be bigger. You don’t develop cricket if it’s a closed shop
Agree. This tournament feels more like a Champions Trophy than a World Cup. Terrible decision by the ICC to chop the numbers down

Pretty sure Cardiff is West hun
Disappointed in myself for being dragged into a petty squabble about where a city is but I'm a bitter argumentative northerner so...

It's South Wales and a couple of hundred miles from anywhere considered as "The North" ;)

Disappointed in myself for being dragged into a petty squabble about where a city is but I'm a bitter argumentative northerner so...

It's South Wales and a couple of hundred miles from anywhere considered as "The North" ;)
Dude, anything above the Thames is up north as far as I'm concerned ;)

Dude, anything above the Thames is up north as far as I'm concerned ;)

well that's just nonsense, everyone nars leeds is the gateway to the south.

and really it's wetherby but doubt you'll have heard of somewhere so desolate :p

well that's just nonsense, everyone nars leeds is the gateway to the south.

and really it's wetherby but doubt you'll have heard of somewhere so desolate :p
I've heard of Wetherby, can't say I've ever ventured that far out of my comfort zone though!

The South starts as soon as you go past Wetherby services, that's scientific fact.
Based on much experience I disagree.

Wetherby is the start of the Midlands, and that stretches to Derby although Nottingham is in the South. Then there's a huge gap where there's nothing particularly useful or interesting until your plane lands in Alicante.

Rain is going to fuck someone out of this tournament, isn't it?

My guess would be South Africa.

And the winner is... Pakistan!

Shame as they're much more exciting to watch than NZ at the moment, and I'd give them a good chance of beating Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back