Warm up matches

ChicagoCat

Winger
A possible sign that the pitches might not be completely flat, batting paradises?

Aussies score under 300 and beat England.
Indians bowled out under 200.
Pakistan restricted to 240 odd against Afghanistan.
Sri Lanka bowled out for 251, chasing a score in the mid 300's...

Or just teams not taking these matches seriously?

A bit of both, I think. England certainly weren't firing anywhere near seriously earlier, for a start.

But we saw in 2017 how the ICC like their pitches - I'd be amazed if they produce the flat wickets we've become accustomed to.

A bit of both, I think. England certainly weren't firing anywhere near seriously earlier, for a start.

But we saw in 2017 how the ICC like their pitches - I'd be amazed if they produce the flat wickets we've become accustomed to.
It won't be to our detriment either our bowlers are good

Who’s preparing the wickets? The county geoundstaff? If so, they should fuck the ICC off and produce what England want - after all, what’s the point of home advantage if you can’t dictate the pitches?!

Four years ago the pitches were flat as owt and we got found out. Now we've spent the last four years going past the rest of the ***** with our power hitting game it seems the Indian dominated ICC want to fuck us up at home with shite pitches.

Fuck em. County groundstaff need to go rogue

Guessing you're no lover of Charlton mate, as a Palace fan.
Not particularly arsed. They're kind of like Boro to Sunderland - they're hopelessly obsessed with us, but no Palace fan I know gives a shit! Don't particularly like them, but I can't say I give them a lot of thought.

I disagree. For the first time ever I would back us more on flat pitches with out batting line up able to outscore anyone. More bowler friendly pitches make it a bit more of a lottery.

You make a good point - especially considering Willey hasn’t been picked, our one real swing bowler.

I’m with you on the flat pitches, hopefully the groundstaff of the country simply prepare roads. The worry is, the ICC will tell them to prepare something tacky or dare I suggest spin friendly for a game against India.

Back