Want to feel old? Definitely Maybe & Parklife - THIRTY years old

I still remember the first time I heard definitely maybe. Sitting in an RE lesson with a supply teacher who sat reading the paper while everyone just pissed around. Mate of mine had bought the tape version for his Walkman and we sat with one earphone in each to listen to it :lol:

TFI Friday with a couple of cans, out round hpool, bars playing stuff like this, cheap as feck, loads of great craic, not a phone in sight. Fecking bliss!

Time does seem to speed up as you get older. It’s a % of your whole life experience type thing. When you’re 10 years old a year is 10% of your total life experience. When you’re 50 years old a year is 2% of your whole life’s experience. I read it in a posh newspaper in a science type article.………while we’re on the subject of sciencey stuff: If you walk 10 steps into a different room there’s more chance of you forgetting what you’re looking for than if you walk ten steps further into the original room. “New Room Syndrome” it’s called and they think it’s the “brain“ resetting itself to its new environment/surroundings or summet. It gets more frequent as you age anarl.

I’ll be giving another couple of TED talks next Monday morning on bad backs and pop music being shite these days. Don’t be a stranger now.

Time does seem to speed up as you get older. It’s a % of your whole life experience type thing. When you’re 10 years old a year is 10% of your total life experience. When you’re 50 years old a year is 2% of your whole life’s experience. I read it in a posh newspaper in a science type article.………while we’re on the subject of sciencey stuff: If you walk 10 steps into a different room there’s more chance of you forgetting what you’re looking for than if you walk ten steps further into the original room. “New Room Syndrome” it’s called and they think it’s the “brain“ resetting itself to its new environment/surroundings or summet. It gets more frequent as you age anarl.

I’ll be giving another couple of TED talks next Monday morning on bad backs and pop music being shite these days. Don’t be a stranger now.
And this is why I love this place

Back