Want to buy a caravan or lodge thing as a holiday home...

Was thinking about there as well...went once about 5 years ago and it was very much hard sell..and f***ing expensive. Nice site though.

Really nice site, used to go there as a kid when my grandparents had a van there . Went for that site for sentimental reasons as much as anything else.. absolute shower of shit mate.. great thing to have mind, had some good times when the Bairn was younger ..just avoid that site as well as any Of their other sites.. just make sure you do your homework, get all the facts before you sign up.. get anything you are promised written into the contract before you sign it.. heard lots of real horror stories from that company and others .. gone are the days of a bloke with a bit of land wanting a few quid extra it's big business these days.

check for hidden costs.. gas, electric site fees etc.. we had one at heatherview in Stanhope.. no holiday rental, only allowed to buy gas etc from the site at stupid prices, were charged an £88 admin fee for them to process a £23 part year electric bill. Always bugging you to upgrade. Make sure you do your homework mate cos I found our static just became a money pit .. people paying different ground fees was the final straw for me.. the lady two vans along was paying £1200 a year less than us for exactly the same pitch... would not do it again.. law unto themselves in my opinion..
Good advice. A few years ago we had a brainwave of buying a static caravan in Keswick while in the Lakes for a weekend and went to have a look at some prices then nearly dropped down dead when we saw it was so expensive. We rather foolishly thought £20,000 or so would get a canny caravan......a big misjudgement.....and that`s before we factored in all of the other costs. So that idea bit the dust.

Look at me etc.

I was amazed at that price mind. If I had that money to spend I’d be buying a house / apartment nearby.

You’ll know the good fishing spots. You not better off with a tourer?

The iffy thing with Bowness, is you will struggle to purchase a property. One of the main requirements for buying over there, is you have to have been a local for 3 years and be able to prove it.

Her (no) Mam and dad have a lodge and static on Fallbarrow. Both are not in use 2 weeks a year for them/us. Rest of the time they are both fully booked out. They make approx £7k a year on the static, and £11k on the lodge. All costs associated are also covered.

Bowness is an absolute goldmine

The iffy thing with Bowness, is you will struggle to purchase a property. One of the main requirements for buying over there, is you have to have been a local for 3 years and be able to prove it.

Her (no) Mam and dad have a lodge and static on Fallbarrow. Both are not in use 2 weeks a year for them/us. Rest of the time they are both fully booked out. They make approx £7k a year on the static, and £11k on the lodge. All costs associated are also covered.

Bowness is an absolute goldmine
Cracking return and guaranteed bookings.

Back