Want to buy a caravan or lodge thing as a holiday home...

I was in the Lakes recently and there was one on Falbarrow for £288,000, overlooked Windermere but even still, that’s bloody staggering.

Stanhope, Haggie, Barnard Castle.

Suppose it depends what you want in terms of amenities, facilities, hobbies, price etc.

You'll lose a packet. Buy a camper van instead.
Not if you rent it out too. Better yield than a house on them.

I was in the Lakes recently and there was one on Falbarrow for £288,000, overlooked Windermere but even still, that’s bloody staggering.

Suppose it depends what you want in terms of amenities, facilities, hobbies, price etc.

That's nearly as much as my house :lol::lol:
Just want to get pissed with mates and go fishing really...

That's nearly as much as my house :lol::lol:
Just want to get pissed with mates and go fishing really...
Look at me etc.

I was amazed at that price mind. If I had that money to spend I’d be buying a house / apartment nearby.

You’ll know the good fishing spots. You not better off with a tourer?

No way I’d want to share a caravan with strangers, rank

check for hidden costs.. gas, electric site fees etc.. we had one at heatherview in Stanhope.. no holiday rental, only allowed to buy gas etc from the site at stupid prices, were charged an £88 admin fee for them to process a £23 part year electric bill. Always bugging you to upgrade. Make sure you do your homework mate cos I found our static just became a money pit .. people paying different ground fees was the final straw for me.. the lady two vans along was paying £1200 a year less than us for exactly the same pitch... would not do it again.. law unto themselves in my opinion..

check for hidden costs.. gas, electric site fees etc.. we had one at heatherview in Stanhope.. no holiday rental, only allowed to buy gas etc from the site at stupid prices, were charged an £88 admin fee for them to process a £23 part year electric bill. Always bugging you to upgrade. Make sure you do your homework mate cos I found our static just became a money pit .. people paying different ground fees was the final straw for me.. the lady two vans along was paying £1200 a year less than us for exactly the same pitch... would not do it again.. law unto themselves in my opinion..
Was thinking about there as well...went once about 5 years ago and it was very much hard sell..and f***ing expensive. Nice site though.

Can’t beat a Mondeo tdci with all the bells and whistles
Too right, kip in the back.

Nah...want something static that I can piss off to at weekends...
Aye I get that.

What you probably want to find is a basic site somewhere, a farmer with a field and some mowed pitches that he’ll let you rent a spot from and chuck a tourer on there year round.

stopped at a small park in Raywell last week in a log cabin which was great, thoroughly enjoyed the 4 night break. they were selling for about the 150 grand mark.

Back