VW emissions claim

Got my mail last night too.
Apparently I'll get my figure in the next two weeks.

My dad registered his claim much later than me (I was in very early) but his claim is a different tranche and isn't included.

Iirc I originally signed up with "your lawyers" but they were taken over our something, and slater gorden were the lead team on the joint case by the end.
They'd won every pre trial element over the last few years.

As for fees the email suggests they will be covered in a separate payment from vw.

Thought as much. I did read that the cars sold in the UK came under a different legislation for emissions.
How true that is, I do not know.
My old 55 registered diesel Passat was not included. I tried that one. 🤣
You've changed your tune since the last time "dieselgate" was discussed:
Scratterish behaviour chasing after some dosh that they might not even get.

Last edited:
What's the dates of ownership that this applies to?

It’s related to types of engine built before 2016 used in VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi cars. Looking at my emails I signed up with Slater and Gordon in 2018 but I have a feeling that was towards the end of them taking on clients for the action. No idea whether anyone is taking on clients but the manufacturers did write to owners and offer a free engine software ‘fix’ so everyone affected ‘should’ be aware. There was an online tool from VW Group where you could enter your VIN number to check.

It’s related to types of engine built before 2016 used in VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi cars. Looking at my emails I signed up with Slater and Gordon in 2018 but I have a feeling that was towards the end of them taking on clients for the action. No idea whether anyone is taking on clients but the manufacturers did write to owners and offer a free engine software ‘fix’ so everyone affected ‘should’ be aware. There was an online tool from VW Group where you could enter your VIN number to check.
I got the VW Emissions fix but didn’t realise it only had a 2 yr warranty , sure enough 25 months later started having problems , took it couple local garages and they wouldn’t touch it as said was the Vw transmissions fix work , had to take it back to pulman sunland and got charged nearly £2k to fix it

Absolute twats

I got the VW Emissions fix but didn’t realise it only had a 2 yr warranty , sure enough 25 months later started having problems , took it couple local garages and they wouldn’t touch it as said was the Vw transmissions fix work , had to take it back to pulman sunland and got charged nearly £2k to fix it

Absolute twats

I didn’t get the fix, my car had been running fine so rejected the fix on recall and at each service insisted it wasn’t completed. Sold it 3 years on to Pulman in fine fettle unfixed. There were lots of people of the forums saying the fix was more trouble than it was worth so as it turns out I’m pleased I gave it a swerve.

I didn’t get the fix, my car had been running fine so rejected the fix on recall and at each service insisted it wasn’t completed. Sold it 3 years on to Pulman in fine fettle unfixed. There were lots of people of the forums saying the fix was more trouble than it was worth so as it turns out I’m pleased I gave it a swerve.
Aye that fix cost me 2 grand

Didn’t get the fix as the car was mapped and would have put the car back to standard. Sold it to brother in law and still running like a clock at 125k. The map has been on over 100k now.

Heard too many horror stories about the emissions fix.

Back