VW emissions claim

Anyone had confirmation of the amount to be paid out yet and how it is calculated?

I had a car for 2 years bought and sold private that was one of the engines affected but it never caused me an issue. I signed up for the group litigation but didn’t have any paperwork or anything just gave them the VIN and reg. They accepted me onto the group claim and have emailed to say I’m due something tbc within 14 days.

Just wondering if the payout is prorated as to how much trouble it caused you.

Anyone had confirmation of the amount to be paid out yet and how it is calculated?

I had a car for 2 years bought and sold private that was one of the engines affected but it never caused me an issue. I signed up for the group litigation but didn’t have any paperwork or anything just gave them the VIN and reg. They accepted me onto the group claim and have emailed to say I’m due something tbc within 14 days.

Just wondering if the payout is prorated as to how much trouble it caused you.

I’ve been told how much it is but there is nothing specifically itemising how the amount is reached by the panel who decided. I never had an issue with my car but there is a belief that second hand prices could have been affected but who knows. The case was principally about misleading the buyer by the publication of inaccurate engine performance data, not about mechanical problems.

It’s at least a bit morally dubious on all sides. I’d rather see VWs money in the pockets of normal people than shareholders though. Comes at a good time too.
I think they should have been fined etc but not one end user bought the car because it hit section 2.54 clause 28 bla bla emissions quota .
Having 1000s of perfectly good vehicles lying unusable on a technicality doesn't sound very eco
Just another massive kerching for blame firms

Received confirmation email last night saying how much I’m getting.

Your Settlement Award

We can now confirm the Settlement Award you will receive will be £894.06.

Your Settlement Award has been calculated by applying a strict methodology. The initial step in this methodology was to make use of a similar settlement imposed on Volkswagen (“VW”) by the German Government in relation to claims brought against by its German customers (“the German Settlement Matrix”).

Would have liked the full £2k that was first mentioned when the settlement news broke but considering I’d bought and sold the car before the whole dieselgate thing came out I can’t really grumble.

Received confirmation email last night saying how much I’m getting.

Your Settlement Award

We can now confirm the Settlement Award you will receive will be £894.06.

Your Settlement Award has been calculated by applying a strict methodology. The initial step in this methodology was to make use of a similar settlement imposed on Volkswagen (“VW”) by the German Government in relation to claims brought against by its German customers (“the German Settlement Matrix”).

Would have liked the full £2k that was first mentioned when the settlement news broke but considering I’d bought and sold the car before the whole dieselgate thing came out I can’t really grumble.
Mine came in a spit over the 2k figure. Also disappointed as I thought it might be higher for people who bought the cars new from the dealer and still have it today.

Still, £2k towards something nice.

Mine came in a spit over the 2k figure. Also disappointed as I thought it might be higher for people who bought the cars new from the dealer and still have it today.

Was yours via Slater Gordon ?

Was yours via Slater Gordon ?
Started with "your lawyers", who then wrapped up into one of the other's on the case (Leigh Day?), but SG were the "lead" for my case, aye.

Ha, just found my original sign up letter, from 2017 !

Last edited:
Started with "your lawyers", who then wrapped up into one of the other's on the case (Leigh Day?), but SG were the "lead" for my case, aye.

Ha, just found my original sign up letter, from 2017 !
Wife not had her final figure, but she was with SG from the start, so might take slightly longer.
Initial e mail mentioned £1800 so hope it's not a lot less ( not that it's my cash)

Yeah I’d agree someone in that instance has had the fuck on of sorting the fix plus the potential drop in value so should get more.

My claim was through SPG Law who changed their branding to PGBMB or something halfway through. Not sure if they are all divvying it out the same way. On trust pilot there’s Leigh Day clients complaining they only got £350.

Yeah I’d agree someone in that instance has had the fuck on of sorting the fix plus the potential drop in value so should get more.

My claim was through SPG Law who changed their branding to PGBMB or something halfway through. Not sure if they are all divvying it out the same way. On trust pilot there’s Leigh Day clients complaining they only got £350.
I think my lot were picked up by SPG Law too actually. Not too long ago I had to fill out all the paperwork again as they'd not sent all my details over properly.

They have good reviews!

They have good reviews!

They don’t look the best reading that mind but tbh I’ve had very little to do with them. Filled in a questionnaire years ago and sent them some ID, other than that it’s just been a case of reading the updates they sent.

Stopped working few weeks after 2 yr (was 2 year guarantee on the emission work )and no garage would touch the emission work Vw had done so had to go back to Pullman snd they charged £2k
Standard.

Expensive things cars like.

Glad a didn’t get mine done but i’m
religious with servicing and maintenance and only ever ran on vpower nitro to avoid the injector bill.

Mine was £1700 not sure how they worked it out unless it was based on the age of the car. Wondering when we get the cheque as Ive got a wedding to pay for :lol:

Back