Volunteers needed - 2 meetings to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they did, more teams the better for me from a selfish point of view plus it lets more lads play the game. Thought it was Burnopfield that pulled out last year anyway? If we've got an extra 2 games that may mean a 24 April start by my guesswork.

Hope we get better cup draws than last year - Durham City just after they returned from the IPL in the Sunday Cup then Newcastle City's ringers in the midweek one!

Newcastle and Cowgate always do the same totally against the spirit of the league Durham couldn't possibly be in he second division :)

I'm glad they did, more teams the better for me from a selfish point of view plus it lets more lads play the game. Thought it was Burnopfield that pulled out last year anyway? If we've got an extra 2 games that may mean a 24 April start by my guesswork.

Hope we get better cup draws than last year - Durham City just after they returned from the IPL in the Sunday Cup then Newcastle City's ringers in the midweek one!

We certainly got bastards' of draws in the cups. For personal reasons I'd like us to play Boldon CA because I've got a mate who plays for them, but hopefully a couple of rounds in not the first round.

We certainly got bastards' of draws in the cups. For personal reasons I'd like us to play Boldon CA because I've got a mate who plays for them, but hopefully a couple of rounds in not the first round.

22nd August – Boldon CA – Home - Lost by 5 wickets (P Preece 32, R Carlisle 37 & 3/19)

Rob has them on a string man, we'll have them no bother!

22nd August – Boldon CA – Home - Lost by 5 wickets (P Preece 32, R Carlisle 37 & 3/19)

Rob has them on a string man, we'll have them no bother!

apart from the fact they had their best two batsman in at the end you are right. Good team Boldon will be up there next year I'm sure

:lol::lol:

apart from the fact they had their best two batsman in at the end you are right. Good team Boldon will be up there next year I'm sure

Were they the ones who stuck around for a few pints and said good things about us?

Durham City away in the cup wouldn't be so bad.

We've improved and it's a nice ground!

They were still a cracking team though. Good opening bowlers and a couple of aggressive batsman who smacked me for 6 a few times (not that that means much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back