Visiting Owl rant part two

Last time I was at Swindon, it was the opening game of the season, we had just been relegated.

We were 3 up at half time, ended up 3-2 I think

Hottest day ever.

Was also there in our first round cup game the year we won the league cup in 91.
Oh and it’s pretty easy to travel anywhere from Sheffield. Anyway like I said there’s another team in your city, switch to them and leave this forum alone.
Thanks.
Surely you hounded Steve Bruce out due to his Blades connections ( he was shite as a player and manager for Sheff U)
Did n t he say that was the reason he was leaving the Owls to go to the Feckin useless and embarrassing geordies ?

Last edited:

Fair enough.

But regardless of our political differences, as a Sunderland fan, one would hope you feel my frustrations.

I am tired of my club having a manager that refuses to attack the opposition.

Darren Moore is a lovely bloke, but his tactics are absolutely dire.

You left wing nutter.... 😁

You're on the politics site more than here. Feck off - I hope you're relegated.

Surely you hounded Steve Bruce out due to his Blades connections ( he was shite as a player and manager for Sheff U)
Your kidding right?

Steve Bruce was like the messiah whilst at Hillsborough, even though his tactics were rather tepid.

When he left us, the mood was somber to say the least.
You're on the politics site more than here. Feck off - I hope you're relegated.
You love it.

Last edited:
Your kidding right?

Steve Bruce was like the messiah whilst at Hillsborough, even though his tactics were rather tepid.

When he left us, the mood was somber to say the least.

You love it.

No when he walks out on a club he's always got an excuse as to why the fans wouldn't accept him

They are most likely wandering around in circles wondering why Darren Moore plays one up front at home to f***ing Shrewsbury.

Seriously, there would be more blokes busting a gut to get into Susan Boyles box than any Wednesday player trying to get into Shrewsburies today.

Darren Moore is on thin ice.

Just try and f***ing win the game rather than trying not to lose.
🤣🤣🤣👍

Last time I was at Swindon, it was the opening game of the season, we had just been relegated.

We were 3 up at half time, ended up 3-2 I think

Hottest day ever.

Was also there in our first round cup game the year we won the league cup in 91.

Remember that game very well.
Probably wasn’t aware that one of our ex loan players was killed in the Morning on the M40 going to Watford.
Filtered through into the ground before kick off. Ironically I was trying to get down the same Motorway and had to take a diversion.
Bloody hot I remember.

My first ever Swindon game in 75 against you.
Have a word with some of your older fans about the legendary Sammy who used to follow you. Sammy on the right.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
They are most likely wandering around in circles wondering why Darren Moore plays one up front at home to f***ing Shrewsbury.

Seriously, there would be more blokes busting a gut to get into Susan Boyles box than any Wednesday player trying to get into Shrewsburies today.

Darren Moore is on thin ice.

Just try and f***ing win the game rather than trying not to lose.
Shades of Jack Ross here, good squad that should be right up there but more worried about the opposition.

Get yourself a drink before you post on hear there's Wednesday fans still walking past my house from ground and its 5.50 pm...next door just come back and its 10min walk from Hillsborough
Should have called in the pheasant on foxhill rd ,I've not long since left.
Remember that game very well.
Probably wasn’t aware that one of our ex loan players was killed in the Morning on the M40 going to Watford.
Filtered through into the ground before kick off. Ironically I was trying to get down the same Motorway and had to take a diversion.
Bloody hot I remember.

My first ever Swindon game in 75 against you.
Have a word with some of your older fans about the legendary Sammy who used to follow you. Sammy on the right.

Logon or register to see this image
He used to go drinking in the Gate and Travellers at Wadsley Bridge.

Last edited:
Have you thought about supporting the Blades ?
That way you wouldnt have to come on here with your boring claptrap.
Thank You.
Will you fück off with your attacks on him, it’s a football forum and he is as welcome to post on here as anyone. It just makes you sound like a right idiot. He has been polite and respectful since he has been here, more than can be said for you.
Oh and you might think he is boring but plenty of others enjoy hearing from fans of other clubs, including me.

I'm surprised how much you've struggled so far. Barry Bannan must be the best player at this level for a decade or two.

How has Lee Gregory fared? He's a wonderful signing and this level and I'd have had him shortlisted myself. He did very well at Millwall.

Fair enough.

But regardless of our political differences, as a Sunderland fan, one would hope you feel my frustrations.

I am tired of my club having a manager that refuses to attack the opposition.

Darren Moore is a lovely bloke, but his tactics are absolutely dire.

You left wing nutter.... 😁
I do feel your pain mate

Currently the first time in history that Sheff Wed are below us (Cheltenham) in the table. Duff’s Robins the highest flying birds in L1 so far.
I'm surprised how much you've struggled so far. Barry Bannan must be the best player at this level for a decade or two.

How has Lee Gregory fared? He's a wonderful signing and this level and I'd have had him shortlisted myself. He did very well at Millwall.

Remember it as old and slow Bannan, not the the Bannan of five years ago. Will be plenty of teams with younger, faster players and a good team shape which will render Bannan useless. Like Ben Watson at Charlton watching 25 year olds run past him or beat him to the ball week in week out.

Last edited:

Moores tactics are not helping Gregory one bit, he is feeding off scraps and you can see his frustration.
Every man and his dog can see he needs a strike partner apart from Moore, who's insistence on playing 433 will get him pelters.

Gregory, Bannan, Iorfa, Peacock- Farrell,. Is a spine most clubs would love, add to that Berahino, jack hunt, Sam Hutchinson, George Byers, Lewis Wing, and 4 or 5 new wingers......and we have managed 7 shots in total against Morcambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury!!!
Anyway, thanks for all your replies, appreciate it.

Good luck for the season.

Last edited:

Back