Virgin Media

Thought so.

We don’t have a phone socket in our house. Previous owners removed it. There’s the cables from the telephone pole but no internal connection.

No doubt that installation cost will cost a fortune with another company :confused:
We do have a socket and it was going to cost £100 just to flick a switch somewhere apparently. So you’re screwed mate. Stick with Virgin. ;)

They really don't help themselves....

Having told them to 'do one', this morning I get a Customer Satisfaction Survey in my Inbox. :lol:

Cue lots of 'zero' scores and some scathing comments, which I can't c&p unfortunately.

Mines just gone up £3.50 as of next month, that means I'll be paying £37.74 for just broadband which seems a little pricey. Really dont want to change though and dont fancy threatening to leave incase I actually lose bb for any amount of time :lol:

Thought so.

We don’t have a phone socket in our house. Previous owners removed it. There’s the cables from the telephone pole but no internal connection.

No doubt that installation cost will cost a fortune with another company :confused:
It's not as expensive as you think.
I stuck with virgin for longer than I wanted to because of a lack of a bt socket. We didn't even have the cable from a telegraph pole ours disappeared from the house years ago during BT upgrades to the lines.
I called sky and they said it was £27 to put the line in and in the end I didn't even pay that. They waived it because of a cock up they made and my line went in late. Open reach put the cable in that was 18 months ago.

They really don't help themselves....

Having told them to 'do one', this morning I get a Customer Satisfaction Survey in my Inbox. :lol:

Cue lots of 'zero' scores and some scathing comments, which I can't c&p unfortunately.
That happened to us. We had fun filling it in. Feel like a total fraud now we’re back with them after they called at the 11th hour with a great deal.

Mines just gone up £3.50 as of next month, that means I'll be paying £37.74 for just broadband which seems a little pricey. Really dont want to change though and dont fancy threatening to leave incase I actually lose bb for any amount of time :lol:
Seriously, do it. They called us with two days to go offering us £19 a month, no price rises for 12 month guaranteed and the first month free.

Anyone on the 100mb broadband? What download speed should you get around on wireless? Im currently getting around 35 to 40mb not sure if this is low.

Anyone on the 100mb broadband? What download speed should you get around on wireless? Im currently getting around 35 to 40mb not sure if this is low.

I'm on the same and getting similar results, paying £39 for BB and landline. Going to have to haggle with them as I've read people are getting 200-350 for same price or cheaper (see HotUKDeals for comments).

Couldn't believe our lad and his flatmates have payed £45 a month just for Broadband FFS in there flat ,,, I get broadband off Sky for £12

<< thats crazy if you're only getting broadband through them !! you can get the full broadband and phone line rental and medium tv package for £10 more a month

<< thats crazy if you're only getting broadband through them !! you can get the full broadband and phone line rental and medium tv package for £10 more a month

Aye that was the crack last time I spoke to them they startec offering tv and phone line cheap, dont want any of that shite though just bb

Back