Virgin Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadband is the only thing that keeps me with Virgin. Keep hearing bad stories from people switching to Plusnet etc, I do a lot of streaming and rely on a decent BB service.
Everything else they do is overpriced shite.

I had a bit of a twist about certain channels getting dropped and got a Tivo box to replace the slave box in the kitchen-diner.

Might have to ring them again about the £4 pm increase, like.

cancelled yesterday fo rthe same reason. was up to £95 a month. ordered BT with broadband and tv with "free" BT sport for £30 a month.

tarra.

out of contract, been so for a while. checked my bill for this month - £92-odd. Bear in mind, I have 2 x TiVo boxes (Not V6 boxes) and no Sky Sports/Sky Movies. B/band currently 150Mb.

stumbled across an article saying they are about to put there prices up (again), but for a couple of days only they're doing a deal of the whole VIP package for £79 for 12 months.

link

contacted them and the best they can offer me is the 'full house' package (not as good as the VIP) for £86.50 a month for 6 months, rising to £109, on a 12 month contract. If I want the VIP package, they can offer it for £105 (iirc) for 6 months, rising to £129, again on a 12 month deal.

been a customer for 18 years.

triggered the 30 day cancellation.
only way mate...I'd do the same.

Find their Broadband excellent, however their customer service is beyond shocking.

Same, always raising prices anarl.

Still with them but it’s in our lass’s name now.

If they attempt something underhand I expect shit to hit the fan and honestly pray for them :lol:

tarra.

out of contract, been so for a while. checked my bill for this month - £92-odd. Bear in mind, I have 2 x TiVo boxes (Not V6 boxes) and no Sky Sports/Sky Movies. B/band currently 150Mb.

stumbled across an article saying they are about to put there prices up (again), but for a couple of days only they're doing a deal of the whole VIP package for £79 for 12 months.

link

contacted them and the best they can offer me is the 'full house' package (not as good as the VIP) for £86.50 a month for 6 months, rising to £109, on a 12 month contract. If I want the VIP package, they can offer it for £105 (iirc) for 6 months, rising to £129, again on a 12 month deal.

been a customer for 18 years.

triggered the 30 day cancellation.
I renewed the other day, managed to get VIP plus sky sports in SD for £82/month for 12 month. Spoke to some nice smoggy lass

I’m on 100meg bb, phone and basic tv package for £35, think that’s ok as don’t use phone and rarely watch their box.

Don’t think so. Think everyone else uses BT Openreach.
Thought so.

We don’t have a phone socket in our house. Previous owners removed it. There’s the cables from the telephone pole but no internal connection.

No doubt that installation cost will cost a fortune with another company :confused:

I’m on 100meg bb, phone and basic tv package for £35, think that’s ok as don’t use phone and rarely watch their box.

I was on the same £32. But they put it up to £48 after the year was up. Would have went up to £52 next month. Just phoned to cancel this afternoon and they've just give me it for £32 again which I'm happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back