Virgin Media

Had to do this every year for 3 years. It’s a bit of a joke
It’s not good but only way to get a decent price.

If they kept the prices the same for new and existing customers there would be a lot more happy people

We won’t miss the channels tbh. Even Sky Sports, we hardly watch anymore - combination of supporting two shit teams and having small children. So I’m happy dropping the telly.
I’ve got my little one into sky sports news but it only lasts about 15 mins a time . As long as you can get peppa pig on the tele you’ll be alright :D

Last edited:

We've got 100Mb broadband, home phone with unlimited calls and an International package - It was £30 a month, but our 12 month introductory offers are up at the end of June and it'll jump up to £58, needless to say we will be having a chat, considering the prices of new packages with far more stuff, including tv and double the broadband speed for less than £58.

I don't care how good their Internet is, I'm not paying twice the price for the same product, introductory offers or not.

My daughter told us last week they received 6 months free sky monies because she was a "loyal" customer, she has been with them less than 3 years.
We have been with Virgin and the previous companies since we signed up when they cabled the street in 1996.
Wife's on the case tomorrow, the poor bastards.

I've recently looked into it, it's a nightmare as most other providers are only offering about 40 - 60 mb max, virgin seem to have the monopoly on fast broadband.

Eh? :lol::lol:

The Fibre infrastructure was laid by them well before BT rolled out their 21CN, they've had more time to upgrade and improve. Nothing to do with a monopoly. In fact BT caused loads of problems for them in the early days as it was them who had the monopoly with telecoms.

You have two choices for internet - Virgin Media or BT. When I say two choices everyone else uses BT infrastructure. A lot of the "others" have absolutely terrible customer service.

I do agree with comments about the prices - it's a complete piss take, however VM service is still better than anyone else.

200mb + talk unlimited + medium tv + v6 @ £46 a month, i cancelled on a monday , offered 46 on wednesday & installed on a friday

since i get me 4k movies i can't grumble as thats price of 2 4k movies.

We had the full package and it was creeping up. Cancelled and they called and dropped it.

Now it’s creeping up again so I’m going to do the same, but we don’t watch that much telly anyway (usually CBeebies!) so I might just follow through with it. Want the broadband though.

We did that. Kept Virgin’s broadband but have gone to streaming only for TV. We pay for Netflix, Disney Life (as a treat for my daughter doing well in her swimming), and technically Amazon Prime, although we’re actually paying for the delivery. Loads cheaper and gives us what we need.

A strange side effect had been that my daughter no longer really sees adverts so struggled to decide what she wanted for Christmas and her birthday.

We did that. Kept Virgin’s broadband but have gone to streaming only for TV. We pay for Netflix, Disney Life (as a treat for my daughter doing well in her swimming), and technically Amazon Prime, although we’re actually paying for the delivery. Loads cheaper and gives us what we need.

A strange side effect had been that my daughter no longer really sees adverts so struggled to decide what she wanted for Christmas and her birthday.

Remember the good old days when you talked with your mate in the school yard about such things :lol::lol:

That’s very interesting! Scary the effect of advertising on young kids.

Eh? :lol::lol:

The Fibre infrastructure was laid by them well before BT rolled out their 21CN, they've had more time to upgrade and improve. Nothing to do with a monopoly. In fact BT caused loads of problems for them in the early days as it was them who had the monopoly with telecoms.

You have two choices for internet - Virgin Media or BT. When I say two choices everyone else uses BT infrastructure. A lot of the "others" have absolutely terrible customer service.

I do agree with comments about the prices - it's a complete piss take, however VM service is still better than anyone else.
So if we went with EE broadband and tv it would be BT infrastructure?

Yes. EE is owned by BT too.

I'd love to be able to get Virgin, they may be shit at customer service but the product (broadband) seems very good. I'm with BT and you get the best of both worlds, shit customer service with a shit product.

Yes it's BT Infrastructure. EE may have their own cabinet at the exchange your connected to but the cabling from the exchange to your house is BT.

Yes it's BT Infrastructure. EE may have their own cabinet at the exchange your connected to but the cabling from the exchange to your house is BT.
are the exchanges openreach or bt still? i know openreach is just bt in all but name but didnt know what the sub-divide was these days?

Back