Vinicius Junior "feels less and less like playing..."

My grandsons are mixed race. They've had racist comments at school, on public transport and on the football field.
That's awful, mate. It must be heartbreaking to have to deal with that.
Cheers, that is disgusting. I never thought I'd see something like that on this forum. I thought even the biggest bellends were better than that.
It seems I was very naive...

Last edited:
I responded specifically to your comment that Vini Jr has been invited to meetings with La Liga which he has refused to, which you seemed to think held some significance.

If La Liga fines, bans and prosecutes, why are they asking Vini Jr to attend meetings to "work together to eradicate it" and why do you think it's significant that he isn't attending?

Because it only seems to happen to him so they're trying to resolve the issue of why he is being targeted for insults and abuse by face to face dialogue but Vini Jr is the one who ignores the invitations.

The racism side gets dealt with by la liga, the clubs and then the police.

Because it only seems to happen to him so they're trying to resolve the issue of why he is being targeted for insults and abuse by face to face dialogue but Vini Jr is the one who ignores the invitations.

The racism side gets dealt with by la liga, the clubs and then the police.

So they're inviting him to meetings to discuss his behaviour and what part he plays in being the target of racism?

So they're inviting him to meetings to discuss his behaviour and what part he plays in being the target of racism?

He's not being the target of racism. He's being the target if abuse and insults like many other footballers around the world. He just gets it more than others which then leads to a minority of idiots reverting to racist comments which as I said gets dealt with.

There seems to be a strong opinion that Spain has a racism problem in football when it doesn't.

Spanish fans typically insult and abuse opposing players and referees. Probably more so than other countries. This also gets punished by La Liga if it crosses the line. As mentioned, a minority stoke the fire more by hurling racist comments which gets dealt with immediately.

So, for the final time, Vini Jr is not getting abused or insulted because of the colour of his skin. It's because his onfield conduct makes him an easy target for this abuse/insults which then leads to a minority of idiots making racist comments which then as I've said before gets dealt with by La Liga, the clubs and then the police.

What more are La Liga and the clubs supposed to do when it's an educational problem of a minority of dickheads which goes beyond football? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I completely condemn racism and acknowledge it has happened in Spain just like in England, Italy and France etc but what I will strongly defend is any comments which suggest Spain has a problem with racism when it clearly doesn't.

I have lived here for 18 years so I think I have a good idea and in a balanced position to comment on it.

He's not being the target of racism. He's being the target if abuse and insults like many other footballers around the world. He just gets it more than others which then leads to a minority of idiots reverting to racist comments which as I said gets dealt with.

There seems to be a strong opinion that Spain has a racism problem in football when it doesn't.

Spanish fans typically insult and abuse opposing players and referees. Probably more so than other countries. This also gets punished by La Liga if it crosses the line. As mentioned, a minority stoke the fire more by hurling racist comments which gets dealt with immediately.

So, for the final time, Vini Jr is not getting abused or insulted because of the colour of his skin. It's because his onfield conduct makes him an easy target for this abuse/insults which then leads to a minority of idiots making racist comments which then as I've said before gets dealt with by La Liga, the clubs and then the police.

What more are La Liga and the clubs supposed to do when it's an educational problem of a minority of dickheads which goes beyond football? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I completely condemn racism and acknowledge it has happened in Spain just like in England, Italy and France etc but what I will strongly defend is any comments which suggest Spain has a problem with racism when it clearly doesn't.

I have lived here for 18 years so I think I have a good idea and in a balanced position to comment on it.

Aiming racist comments at someone is racist abuse marra, not sure how you haven't been able to link that in your head. Vini Jr is the target of racist abuse. It really is that simple.

All the shite you're saying about Spain as a country is completely irrelevant to anything I've said.

Theres no excuse for it. My wife (no) is black. Someone spat at her in morrisons and told her to go back to her own country.

Was raging as i was working away. Soon as she described the guy i knew exactly who it was.

I heard sometime later he was injured somewhat
I'm non-violent myself, but I do hope you crippled the bastard.
I can't honestly say that I'd never hit someone if I wasn't provoked enough, especially if anyone abused my family or a friend.

Aiming racist comments at someone is racist abuse marra, not sure how you haven't been able to link that in your head. Vini Jr is the target of racist abuse. It really is that simple.

All the shite you're saying about Spain as a country is completely irrelevant to anything I've said.

In summary:

Is the main reason he's being targeted because of the colour of his skin? No.

Does he receive abuse/insults by a majority of fans in stadiums? Yes, like many other unpopular players.

Does he receive racist comments from the majority of fans inside stadiums? No

Does he receive racist comments from a minority of idiots? Yes

Is it acceptable? Absolutely not

Are those people dealt with? Yes

Does Spain have a problem with racism? No

What did he say to deserve it though?
3rd division match was abandoned today because of racist chanting toward the away team’s keeper.

The team walked off the pitch.

He was probably asking for it with his behaviour

3rd division match was abandoned today because of racist chanting toward the away team’s keeper.

The team walked off the pitch.

This match is local to me.

From what I've read, this is what went down:

Score was 1-1, home team Sestao River score to make it 2-1 in 83rd minute. During goal celebrations, Rayo Majadahonda keeper jumps into the crowd and grabs hold of a fan by the scarf around the neck,
rumoured to be a woman with two kids.

Ref sends keeper off for his actions. Rayo Majadahonda players walk off and refuse to play remaining minutes.

Will see what happens but if it's true the keeper was racially insulted then no doubt the club will identify the fan in question and ban them and rightly so.

Score was 1-1, home team Sestao River score to make it 2-1 in 83rd minute. During goal celebrations, Rayo Majadahonda keeper jumps into the crowd and grabs hold of a fan by the scarf around the neck,

Ref sends keeper off for his actions. Rayo Majadahonda players walk off and refuse to play remaining minutes.

Will see what happens but if it's true the keeper was racially insulted then no doubt the club will identify the fan in question and ban them and rightly so.

@FlashGordon what's to laugh at?

Last edited:

@FlashGordon what's to laugh at?

You read every other part of the story but the racist abuse which you've caveated under "if it's true".

It's hilarious the ends you go to to defend Spain's racist elements.

Back