Viliami 'Billy' Vunipola

Is it okay to not accept religion?
If you accept the choice of a person to be homosexual you surely have to accept the choice of another to be religious.

Either way the world is going to lose a fantastic rugby player.

I’ve been nothing but polite. You raised a question and I answered. And I’ve asked you a question back

I haven’t been rude to you at all
I'm not being rude to you either.

This brings a nice round circle to ask the question is it OK to not accept homosexuality.

I'll get buried for this of course.
Do you mean if it's okay for people not be okay with homosexuality? There are people that because of their nurture do not feel comfortable with the concept of homosexuality, I know a few on my mom's side of the family who feel this way. Although, I have never seen them be discriminatory nor hateful towards homosexuals. One my cousin's friends is a homosexual man and he is always welcomed and accepted at all our family get togethers by these same people.

If you accept the choice of a person to be homosexual you surely have to accept the choice of another to be religious.

Either way the world is going to lose a fantastic rugby player.

I know that. The problem is that pretty much everyone accepts the right of people to be religious (sometimes selectively) but some religious people don't accept the right of those who may have no religion, sometimes have a religion and sometimes aren't sure whether they have a religion, because their religion conflicts with their sexuality. Fundamentally, sexuality and religion shouldn't be intertwined.

I know that. The problem is that pretty much everyone accepts the right of people to be religious (sometimes selectively) but some religious people don't accept the right of those who may have no religion, sometimes have a religion and sometimes aren't sure whether they have a religion, because their religion conflicts with their sexuality. Fundamentally, sexuality and religion shouldn't be intertwined.
Of course not. I wholly agree. What Folau thinks of gays is dictated by his upbringing, culture and religion. And that's fine. Just as fine as two blokes banging the arse off each other. Problem is folau has now lost his job because of it.

Have you just admitted to acting the WUM with your intervention on this thread?
Erm no.

Of course not. I wholly agree. What Folau thinks of gays is dictated by his upbringing, culture and religion. And that's fine. Just as fine as two blokes banging the arse off each other. Problem is folau has now lost his job because of it.

That's the difficulty. From Folau's point of view, he can probably switch to League.

That's the difficulty. From Folau's point of view, he can probably switch to League.
He shouldn't have to though. If he is not in agreement with homosexuality that's fine. It exists. It's legal. Its fine. It's his belief. He should never lose his job for that.

He shouldn't have to though. If he is not in agreement with homosexuality that's fine. It exists. It's legal. Its fine. It's his belief. He should never lose his job for that.

But, by disagreeing with homosexuality, depending on how far he takes it, he's quite possibly making it difficult for some colleagues to work with him.

But, by disagreeing with homosexuality, depending on how far he takes it, he's quite possibly making it difficult for some colleagues to work with him.
Surely his colleagues need to accept his beliefs and choices like he does theirs? As far as I'm aware he heanst refused to play with one of the many gay rugby players in the aru.

There's one thing to disagree with homosexuality, it's another to be hateful and discriminatory towards homosexuals. That's the problem.

Back