Vikings (TV series)

@toomdog is constantly pulling my arm to watch this..... reckons its mint.... appears so do you lot after this!

Sky box set is downloading.......
is it on there? Just had a quick look and season 1 ep1 is on, but then jumps to about episode 6

It's canny the box set stuff, but can't get season 2 of the blacklist yet or sons of anarchy :evil:

What was with having Cuthbert alive at Lindisfarne for the first Viking raid?

No idea.

As a side note, one of my daily Danish newspapers in their 'This Week In History' for the coming week has tomorrow down as the date 1222 years ago when Lindisfarne was raided the first time.

As an aside from more serious issues, I'm gutted Þórunn ran off. I was quite taken with her, even with her scar :cry:

is it on there? Just had a quick look and season 1 ep1 is on, but then jumps to about episode 6

It's canny the box set stuff, but can't get season 2 of the blacklist yet or sons of anarchy :evil:

It's all on Amazon Prime which is a canny deal at 79 quid a year for what's included.

I follow Clive Standen (Rollo) on Instagram and he's been in Rouen, Normandy for several days learning about Robert of Normandy from an academic historian there. Obviously cares quite a lot about the programme and the character he plays.

His character's link with your history is pretty cool. Is it taught in UK schools ?

His character's link with your history is pretty cool. Is it taught in UK schools ?

I think the events leading up to the 1066 are taught very briefly in primary school (so kids younger than 11).

Very little of what I know about it is from school and the founding of Normandy certainly isn't mentioned at all. Just that Duke William believed he had a claim to the throne... blah, blah, blah.

I think the events leading up to the 1066 are taught very briefly in primary school (so kids younger than 11).

Very little of what I know about it is from school and the founding of Normandy certainly isn't mentioned at all. Just that Duke William believed he had a claim to the throne... blah, blah, blah.

I thought it would be something like that. With the lessons mainly being focused on the raids and on 1066. Am not sure what I think about the age. In one sense kids probably like the gory stuff but can many under the age of eleven understand and get more from it than that ?

Back