Vikings (TV series)

They did he's a real person Ragnor
<< the historian Katherine Holman wrote in 2003 that "although his sons are historical figures, there is no evidence that Ragnar himself ever lived, and he seems to be an amalgam of several different historical figures and pure literary invention." >>

And that's just for starters. I can't remember at the moment which particular faux pas actually got me pissed off enough to bin it.

<< the historian Katherine Holman wrote in 2003 that "although his sons are historical figures, there is no evidence that Ragnar himself ever lived, and he seems to be an amalgam of several different historical figures and pure literary invention." >>

And that's just for starters. I can't remember at the moment which particular faux pas actually got me pissed off enough to bin it.

Just enjoy it man, surely if his sons are historical figures then he had to exist has their his sons?

Just enjoy it man, surely if his sons are historical figures then he had to exist has their his sons?
Have you never been in a schoolyard? You know damn well that boys will big up their dads and claim they've done all sorts of amazing things that, in reality, other people did.

His brother being Robert of Normandy? :lol:

I don’t think it detracts from it. It’s a fun drama which is loosely based events on the legends of a pre-literate society.

Can't remember if we have mentioned this before in the thread but a sixth series has been commissioned. And like series five that begins on Wednesday series six will be of twenty episodes as well. So we have forty fresh episodes to look forward to now. :)

So excited for this.

Hadn’t realised the actresses who play Helga and Torvi are sisters.

Their little brother is a youngster at Sheffield United anarl.

I didn't know that either. Good trivia that.

Last edited:

Back