Vaux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here you go

Logon or register to see this image

Not sure why the fuck we should erect a crane with lights on though, mind :lol:
It hasnt got lights on man! They just beam them on for shows etc....they kept the Crane as memorial to shipbuilding on the Clyde and built a shipbuilding museum around it. Looks stunning in my opinion alongside the modern developments next to it. Some fantastic pics on Google images.

Aye...like the building.

Canny funny that someone could look at that picture and say "Oooh...nice crane"
Take a look at that area of the Clyde and tell me honestly it wouldn't look fantastic on the Wear. It's stunning and a fitting tribute to Glaswegian shipbuilding.

Last edited:
It hasnt got lights on man! They just beam them on for shows etc....they kept the Crane as memorial to shipbuilding on the Clyde and built a shipbuilding museum around it. Looks stunning in my opinion alongside the modern developments next to it. Some fantastic pics on Google images.

Fuck knows. You asked for a picture of the crane lit up and that was the first one there was

Can you put a couple up of that stretch of river through the day?

Fuck knows. You asked for a picture of the crane lit up and that was the first one there was
Appreciated anyway cheers.

Well I happen to think something simikar would have looked fantastic under the town or alex bridge.

But instead we have no legacy whatsoever do we.

Oh i nearly forgot, you like the civic centre :lol:
Yes I think the work of of a famous and decorated architect is better than a rusty crane with lights. :lol::lol::lol:

Well I happen to think something simikar would have looked fantastic under the town or alex bridge.

But instead we have no legacy whatsoever do we.

Oh i nearly forgot, you like the civic centre :lol::lol::lol:

I've said this before. The old Doxford sheds should be made into a working museum. Show people how we used to build ships, provide jobs to some older folk and have school placements there to teach both history and tech.

Now do us all a favour and fuck off.

:lol: now thats a bite

Btw who's 'all' because it seems you're pretty much in the minority on this thread and are scraping the barrel to find things to moan about.

Will someone cleverer than me put some pics of Finnieston crane up for the benefit of this Boris Bear character. Some gorgeous ones of it lit up at night.

Fwiw i happen to agree that the civic isnt an attractive building. But that rusty crane whilst may be a decent tribute is not attractive either. Since you like rusty cranes whats your thoughts on the vaux promotory then given its sort of crane like.

Last edited:
:lol: now thats a bite

Btw who's 'all' because it seems you're pretty much in the minority on this thread and are scraping the barrel to find things to moan about.

Fwiw i happen to agree that the civic isnt an attractive building. But that rusty crane whilst may be a decent tribute is not attractive either. Since you like rusty cranes whats your thoughts on the vaux promotory then given its sort of crane like.
You keep mentioning a rusty crane as if that's supposed to be funny or witty or something. I can just imagine you and the other idiot giggling away every time you type it.

All about opinions, nothing wrong with that. My opinion is a development on the Wear similar to the Clyde would have been fantastic, and would have given us all a tremendous sense of pride whist simultaneously preserving our history and taking us forward.

http://www.clydewaterfront.com/projects/clydebank--erskine/leisure/titan_clydebank_crane

For anyone who takes such matters serosuly, it's won international design awards amongst many others.

Last edited:
You keep mentioning a rusty crane as if that's supposed to be funny or witty or something. I can just imagine you and the other idiot giggling away every time you type it.

All about opinions, nothing wrong with that. My opinion is a development on the Wear similar to the Clyde would have been fantastic, and would have given us all a tremendous sense of pride whist simultaneously preserving our history and taking us forward.

http://www.clydewaterfront.com/projects/clydebank--erskine/leisure/titan_clydebank_crane

For anyone who takes such matters serosuly, it's won international design awards amongst many others.

Once again avoiding questions and making stuff up.

Where do I keep mentioning rusty cranes? That post was the first time i ever mentioned it.

It may have won awards as have loads of ugly buildings. And the civic was designed by a well renowned and respected architect. You cant have it both ways.

:lol::lol::lol:

It's not a f***ing statue ffs.

Anar that, it's neither nowt or summat TBH

It's called having an opinion on architecture. Some people love brutalist architecture, some think it's awful. No one is right.

The Civic Centre is a bold piece of architecture that stands out in the city. Isn't that what you want on the Vaux?
:eek::lol:

It's a big hairy wart on the face of Sunderland...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back