Vaughan Oliver - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please give my sympathies and Keiths.
Keith has lived in California for the past 40 years but we’re regularly in touch and he knows about Vaughan

I recall sitting with Vaughan in his house in Vane Road listening to Aladdin Sane and discussing the album cover (and his love of Mick Ronson who I hadn’t fully appreciated until then) Little did I know !

Please give my sympathies and Keiths.
Keith has lived in California for the past 40 years but we’re regularly in touch and he knows about Vaughan

I recall sitting with Vaughan in his house in Vane Road listening to Aladdin Sane and discussing the album cover (and his love of Mick Ronson who I hadn’t fully appreciated until then) Little did I know !
I am going to the funeral with Pete Haswell (who was in the same year as Vaughan and me but did not play football) and we are going to say a few words during the service about Vaughan's time at Ferryhill. Interestingly, I played football with Keith's younger brother, Paul, for a season after I left school. Good chatting to you and I will pass on the sympathies of you and Keith to Lee, Vaughan's wife.

I am going to the funeral with Pete Haswell (who was in the same year as Vaughan and me but did not play football) and we are going to say a few words during the service about Vaughan's time at Ferryhill. Interestingly, I played football with Keith's younger brother, Paul, for a season after I left school. Good chatting to you and I will pass on the sympathies of you and Keith to Lee, Vaughan's wife.
I still see Paul as he sometimes comes to SoL with me. In fact saw Paul and Keith for a pint in Newcastle a few months ago.
Im sure we have both lots of links with the Ferryhill Grammar Diaspora.
Remember Nigel Wilson (“Nigs” ) See him too, he is now CEO of L&G, but alas a mag.
Been good to talk and thanks for passing on our sympathies on all our behalves.
Cheers
Paul N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back