Vaughan Oliver - RIP

Please give my sympathies and Keiths.
Keith has lived in California for the past 40 years but we’re regularly in touch and he knows about Vaughan

I recall sitting with Vaughan in his house in Vane Road listening to Aladdin Sane and discussing the album cover (and his love of Mick Ronson who I hadn’t fully appreciated until then) Little did I know !

Please give my sympathies and Keiths.
Keith has lived in California for the past 40 years but we’re regularly in touch and he knows about Vaughan

I recall sitting with Vaughan in his house in Vane Road listening to Aladdin Sane and discussing the album cover (and his love of Mick Ronson who I hadn’t fully appreciated until then) Little did I know !
I am going to the funeral with Pete Haswell (who was in the same year as Vaughan and me but did not play football) and we are going to say a few words during the service about Vaughan's time at Ferryhill. Interestingly, I played football with Keith's younger brother, Paul, for a season after I left school. Good chatting to you and I will pass on the sympathies of you and Keith to Lee, Vaughan's wife.

I am going to the funeral with Pete Haswell (who was in the same year as Vaughan and me but did not play football) and we are going to say a few words during the service about Vaughan's time at Ferryhill. Interestingly, I played football with Keith's younger brother, Paul, for a season after I left school. Good chatting to you and I will pass on the sympathies of you and Keith to Lee, Vaughan's wife.
I still see Paul as he sometimes comes to SoL with me. In fact saw Paul and Keith for a pint in Newcastle a few months ago.
Im sure we have both lots of links with the Ferryhill Grammar Diaspora.
Remember Nigel Wilson (“Nigs” ) See him too, he is now CEO of L&G, but alas a mag.
Been good to talk and thanks for passing on our sympathies on all our behalves.
Cheers
Paul N

Back