VARguments

Jesus Christ the Grealish goal ruled out

Well done again VAR I guess loads of idiots on here think its job done again

At this point, I am convinced that anyone who maintains a pro VAR stance is doing so purely because it gains them attention or they are on a wind up.
I've never liked it. Never been convinced it would improve fairness in the game. I'm not surprised at all that VAR is proving to be completely useless and pointless.
The game will always have debating points. Most will continue to centre around useless referees: VAR has not stopped the game being open to their 'interpretation' of football's many rules.

Until we accept that technology correctly used can enhance life rather than make it 'perfect' we will continually use it in unnecessary ways such as VAR in footy.
Life is a bit lumpy and unpredictable; sometimes it seems a bit unfair. Live with it.

problem with technology is that you either trust it or you dont. the goal line technology IIRC has not been called into question before and the technology is tested by the referee before the start of every game (accuracy of it isnt though).

bearing in mind the whole ball has to be over the line. even if 1mm of the ball is not over, then technology will declare it is not over. yet to human eye it will look as though it is.

bearing in mind, it looked over to me, what is the next step. is my eyesight better than the technology. In reality I would say no its not. if you believe in your own eyesight / brain, you have to use the technology of VAR and here we go again.

whole new can of worms being opened.

at some stage today, I am sure images will be released, because this has to be cleared up.

problem with technology is that you either trust it or you dont. the goal line technology IIRC has not been called into question before and the technology is tested by the referee before the start of every game (accuracy of it isnt though).

bearing in mind the whole ball has to be over the line. even if 1mm of the ball is not over, then technology will declare it is not over. yet to human eye it will look as though it is.

bearing in mind, it looked over to me, what is the next step. is my eyesight better than the technology. In reality I would say no its not. if you believe in your own eyesight / brain, you have to use the technology of VAR and here we go again.

whole new can of worms being opened.

at some stage today, I am sure images will be released, because this has to be cleared up.
Was cleared up last night mate the goal line technology people at Hawkeye apologied for f*ucking up and said the ball was over the line. Their excuse was all seven cameras had their view impeded by players or the post.
VAR didn't get involved as they didn't realise there was a problem with Hawkeye

Was cleared up last night mate the goal line technology people at Hawkeye apologied for f*ucking up and said the ball was over the line. Their excuse was all seven cameras had their view impeded by players or the post.
VAR didn't get involved as they didn't realise there was a problem with Hawkeye
never saw or heard that bit. mind you I had to go out at half time.

can understand the situation. wonder what the chances are of all 7 cameras being blocked and can understand the VAR peoples response.

suppose will have to put it down as one of those things in lifes rich tapestry.

Back