VAR - appeals

Why not use it in a similar vein to other sports whereby you get 3 chances a half to appeal a decision and if you get them wrong that's it you get no more appeals? Maybe three appeals a half is too many and a captain gets two chances to appeal and that's it.
They are only allowed to do it once the ball is dead and you can only make it the first time the ball goes dead after the event.
VAR is here to stay so might as well add a bit of excitement to it all
Said the same since day one of it, think two a game is enough and only relatable to offside goals and penalty appeals or given penalties. Otherwise allow ref the remainder. Otherwise will be teams just time wasting for a bloody throw in after seeing the initial entries in past year of its inclusion

i think a lot of fans will chuck the game in if the idiots persist with var,it doesn't affect us at the minute but i'd seriously consider not going back to put up with that shambles

& once again much slower sport than footy which is why it works so well
Cricket is slower than football, but the reviews took place very quickly during the World Cup Final and reasons for the decisions were given. I would have thought something like that could be used in football.

The system in football is in its infancy and it can evolve to something better. We saw that in the Woman’s football World Cup when they stopped having replays to see if the goalie moved before a penalty had been taken.

Overall though, it must be better to have the right decision so I think VAR is a good idea, but at the moment it’s way too slow and so I agree with you on that point.

Not only is cricket slower,however cricket has a natural stop after every action .The bowler runs in bowls then the action takes place ,then the game stops then upto the fielding team,have to appeal to the umpire for a dismissal. Then if they dispute the umpire it can be referred.

Not only is cricket slower,however cricket has a natural stop after every action .The bowler runs in bowls then the action takes place ,then the game stops then upto the fielding team,have to appeal to the umpire for a dismissal. Then if they dispute the umpire it can be referred.
I agree with everything you’ve said. I think those points are good reasons why every decision can be challenged in cricket. Because football is different I think VAR should only be used if the decision is one that a reasonably alert referee should have noticed, or would have done if they’d had a clear view of it.

Back