Vandalism at NYMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC local news earlier said they found 5 of them asleep in there first thing this morning! f***ing knacker bairns need a good shoeing.
I'd suggest the parents are the main culprits.
Personally I'd estimate the cost of repairs and divide it between the parents of those caught.
If they are on welfare deduct it from their payments.
The kids need putting in care as well.
Clouting kids won't make any difference. They have probably copped beatings from day 1 off their grubby parents.

Aye me it's a canny day out, tip................if you are not an anorak and don't plan on hanging out of the windows taking snaps and filming the whole journey , uprgrade to first class it's not that much more expensive and it saves you getting freezing card from the activities of the aforementioned "enthusiasts"

I was wanting to be on a particular train as Sir Nigel Gresley was hauling it. We had a nightmare journey to get there with roadworks and delays. Then the car park was full so we had to go in the overflow. Then I didn't have enough coins to pay for it. Luckily the train was late and a nice spotter bloke waiting to photograph it swapped a fiver for coins so I could pay. We legged it back to the station and bought tickets and managed to get on the platform minutes before departure. The guard said "I'm sorry, all the standard carriages are full now." I could have cried! Then he smiled and said "but there's space in first class and I'll not charge you the upgrade fee" - result! It was mint, sitting their in a Queen Anne style armchair grinning like the cat who got the cream :D

Looks like two 17 year olds have been arrested. Seriously hope they get the living shit kicked out of them if they are guilty.

BBC local news earlier said they found 5 of them asleep in there first thing this morning! f***ing knacker bairns need a good shoeing.
I saw that. Imagine if you were a volunteer who'd spent hours of your free time working on restoring these carriages and then came across these morons still passed out inside. Time to bring out the toolbox!

I saw that. Imagine if you were a volunteer who'd spent hours of your free time working on restoring these carriages and then came across these morons still passed out inside. Time to bring out the toolbox!

The victims may be lucky to get a letter of apology while the criminal is sent off on a holiday to teach them a lesson.

The victims may be lucky to get a letter of apology while the criminal is sent off on a holiday to teach them a lesson.
They are clearly a special kind of idiot. Get them back to repair every bit of damage they've done under the supervision of the volunteers who know what they're doing. If the job isn't done properly then they keep going until it is (perhaps get them to also do the donkey work on some other restorations as well since they are clearly donkeys). If they don't co-operate then make the alternative unpleasant to the nth degree.

I was wanting to be on a particular train as Sir Nigel Gresley was hauling it. We had a nightmare journey to get there with roadworks and delays. Then the car park was full so we had to go in the overflow. Then I didn't have enough coins to pay for it. Luckily the train was late and a nice spotter bloke waiting to photograph it swapped a fiver for coins so I could pay. We legged it back to the station and bought tickets and managed to get on the platform minutes before departure. The guard said "I'm sorry, all the standard carriages are full now." I could have cried! Then he smiled and said "but there's space in first class and I'll not charge you the upgrade fee" - result! It was mint, sitting their in a Queen Anne style armchair grinning like the cat who got the cream :D

He's been dead years man Becs. Must've been a strongman lookalike!

He's been dead years man Becs. Must've been a strongman lookalike!

:lol:

A4's are my favourite. I nearly cried when I saw her in pieces in the workshop last time we were at the NRM. She's out of service having a major overhaul.

Awful that like.

As an aside. The NYMR is exhorbitant. I couldn't afford to take my family on it. Shame IMO.

:lol:

A4's are my favourite. I nearly cried when I saw her in pieces in the workshop last time we were at the NRM. She's out of service having a major overhaul.

Went to the NRM a canny few years back and went on the footplate of Mallard. The polished copper and brass pipes were a joy to behold.

Many of us did daft things growing up but I can't get my head around how this can be "a laugh" or "fun". It's the type of thing you would do if you held a grudge against someone, not out pissing about bored.

Cheers which is the most scenic part?

Might just go from Grosmont to Whitby..
The least scenic part

They are clearly a special kind of idiot. Get them back to repair with their tongues, every bit of damage they've done, under the supervision of the volunteers who know what they're doing. If the job isn't done properly then they keep going until it is (perhaps get them to also do the donkey work on some other restorations as well since they are clearly donkeys). If they don't co-operate then make the alternative unpleasant to the nth degree.
Tidied

Last edited:
They are clearly a special kind of idiot. Get them back to repair every bit of damage they've done under the supervision of the volunteers who know what they're doing. If the job isn't done properly then they keep going until it is (perhaps get them to also do the donkey work on some other restorations as well since they are clearly donkeys). If they don't co-operate then make the alternative unpleasant to the nth degree.
I agree with you. It'll be interesting to see what their punishment will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back