Vacant buildings with the best potential

Clothes shop currently based in East Boldon is setting up a shop in Mackie's Corner.

Is there a market for independents? They are usually more expensive. Amazon generation won't pay any extra.
Opening 21st June at Mackies corner 😎 Looking at a barbers in the basement & have some other ideas. Definitely a market for independent business in Sunderland in my opinion.
Do you know if the one in Boldon is closing as a result?

Still got some decent men’s clothes shops in the town. There’s a plus.
No I’m keeping the Boldon shop. This is expansion. Boldon is our roots & where it started 5 years ago. Couldn’t turn down the opportunity to be part of my city’s re-development plans.
Hope he gets a bit more stock in, ciz apart from jackets n blazers, it all looks like he got a joblot from West One back in 2007.
Have you been into our East Boldon shop and checked out our stock? Not had any complaints yet so if not pop in. We’ve got a particular style which isn’t for everyone 😊

Last edited:
Bengal Dream the former Indian restaurant in Albion Place beside Marcellos and Cooper Rose is going to be a pub.

It will be The Curious Mr Fox the same company that are currently developing a pub with the same name in Durham.

Its also the same organisation that have Old Tom's Gin Bar in Durham and the new Gin & Seafood bar which is planned to open over the Northside at Roker in the former toilets building up from the Marina.

Opening 21st June at Mackies corner 😎 Looking at a barbers in the basement & have some other ideas. Definitely a market for independent business in Sunderland in my opinion.

No I’m keeping the Boldon shop. This is expansion. Boldon is our roots & where it started 5 years ago. Couldn’t turn down the opportunity to be part of my city’s re-development plans.

Have you been into our East Boldon shop and checked out our stock? Not had any complaints yet so if not pop in. We’ve got a particular style which isn’t for everyone 😊
Very best of luck and I wish you ever success. I'll be having a pop in a some point

The old Divino's restaurant is a cracking space. Looks like the previous owners just got up and left as everything seems to still be there to open straight back up. Shame it went like.

...in sunderland city centre?

What are they and what do you think could work there after lockdown?

The ex bud bigalows bar under the Travelodge seems to be in a great spot but absolutely nothing seems to work there.

A proper sports bar dedicated to Sunderland AFC could potentially do well though I think.

Looks like you could be partly right see post 110 on the news sports bar thread.

Interesting that the architects’
professional body has pleaded with the government to renovate older properties rather than demolish and new build, quoting a number of reasons such as sustainability and environmental.
Maybe the council need to compulsory purchase if the current owners don’t keep the buildings in good order. Lots of weeds and plants growing out of what would be beautiful buildings all over town. It’s not all down to council cuts due to covid.

Interesting that the architects’
professional body has pleaded with the government to renovate older properties rather than demolish and new build, quoting a number of reasons such as sustainability and environmental.
Maybe the council need to compulsory purchase if the current owners don’t keep the buildings in good order. Lots of weeds and plants growing out of what would be beautiful buildings all over town. It’s not all down to council cuts due to covid.
Due to absent or rogue landlords
Some towns and cities are blighted

Back