Using a bank card abroad

Looking at getting a Starling account for using it abroad and the savings account is better than I currently have.

Are there any other accounts you can recommend? I currently use a Halifax charity card.

(Yes, look at me going abroad etc etc...)
I use Starling abroad, but I’m sure my Barclaycard has just scrapped all FX fees & cash withdrawal charges. Not sure how competitive the exchange rate actually is like.

Revolut was always our card of choice, never had any issues.

Well, apart from in Paris last year when it kept getting declined, was calling it, and them, all the pieces of shit under the sun....and then I realised I hadn't been transferring money on to it. Oh How we laughed.

Actually, just come back from US and just used my debit card, we bank with First Direct as apparently they'd removed all the fees, and it looks like that was the case, with no fees apart from the usual ATM withdrawal fee, which is nowt to do with the bank.

Wouldn't have thought FD are the only bank to do this, so might be worth checking.
Chase. 1% cashback on spending, 1% interest on current account balance and 4.1% instant access saver.

Back