Useful links to photo sharing sites.

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by Bollotti, Jul 6, 2017.

1. shaun61

shaun61 Striker

Photobucket has changed and not going along with it so whats the beat/easiest free to use alternative ta ??

2. just to stash them then google or amazon prime for me

3. imgBB. Easy to use.

4. Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson Goalkeeper

5. Walter Ego

Walter Ego Winger

Why are you shouting?

6. Jardin

Jardin Striker

https://anonimag.es/

No registration needed and doesn't have the issues of tinypic such as failed uploads or just not working at all some days.

7. PTR

PTR Striker

Flikr is decent.

8. As Epps said, I use Google to store mine

9. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

10. Beaker

Beaker Winger

It's decent but awful for on here, when you link on here the images appear small. Then when you click to enlarge them it opens up a whole new page. It gets really annoying.

11. PTR

PTR Striker

Ah, if its just for on here. Fair enough.

I think you can get a "clean" irl from Flickr, but its not simple

12. skullmeister

skullmeister Winger

Mainly use my Samsung Galaxy phone to post on here - any recommendations on the best APP or similar to use to post photos/images here?

13. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Striker

https://postimages.org/
    This has been recommended by @AB22 Easy Tiger for the Day in the Life photo thread. I tried it on my phone and it's easier than photobucket ever was. Choose the direct link to copy and paste.

14. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

I've been using it for 2 years. Never goes down, never deletes the image after 6 months, never had an issue.

15. kossoff

kossoff Winger

That's because it provides an embedded image within a URL. If the people copying the data/posting are competent enough, they can edit out the URL info and just have IMG tags.

16. phil

phil Midfield

Still have a free photobucket account. It used to be ok - it is still usable but the adverts are just a constant cascade, you spend 90% of the time shutting them down whenever you are trying to do anything with it.

[​IMG]

17. phil

phil Midfield

Well I see photobucket HAS changed! Have just signed up to imgBB. Can anyone explain how to get images to open to a reasonable size when you click on them. Have put a few in the monthly competition, but when you click on them they are massive. I did try resizing them in adobe elements 13 but they still come out huge.

18. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

Flickr has now put a limit on your storage, 1000 images only, unless you pay.