USA 15 dead in Elementary school shooting at Robb elementary school

Somewhere along the line an uncomfortable, guilty , truth has been swallowed by Americans that this is a price worth paying to have access to guns.

It's a real conundrum how you would address it if you had the political will...and that surely drains the enthusiasm of those who need to fight just to get that far.

Somewhere along the line an uncomfortable, guilty , truth has been swallowed by Americans that this is a price worth paying to have access to guns.

It's a real conundrum how you would address it if you had the political will...and that surely drains the enthusiasm of those who need to fight just to get that far.
There we have it.

I've never been to America. Wouldn't have a clue. I know it wouldn't be hard for
a lunatic to get in to my kids primary school if guns were commonplace here.
The only time I’ve ever been to school (since I left) was to pick my girlfriends daughter up. It was a locked gate and had to buzz to gain access.

I mean if I was a criminal I could have found a way in but it wasn’t a case of just walk in

I know it's often used and it's often ribbished but I do think there is an element these days as graphics get better and it's more realistic..

These murderers are no different to the radicalized Islamic terrorists we have seen over the last few decades. Exposed to unmitigated nonsense and fuelling of misinformation on the web.

The only time I’ve ever been to school (since I left) was to pick my girlfriends daughter up. It was a locked gate and had to buzz to gain access.

I mean if I was a criminal I could have found a way in but it wasn’t a case of just walk in
That's not how schools in the US are designed. There's not a fence all the way around what are usually quite large buildings (my elementary school has 700 students, for example), and there are numerous entrances that are by necessity not locked during school hours.

That's not how schools in the US are designed. There's not a fence all the way around what are usually quite large buildings (my elementary school has 700 students, for example), and there are numerous entrances that are by necessity not locked during school hours.
It's pointless anyway.. if someone has a reason they will get past it

Its why I never stress's at security at home.. if they want to be in they will get in.. smash a window etx..

Bet the shooter was on Prozac or similar drugs.

Banning guns isn't going to happen so time to look at other solutions. A review into these type of drugs and making schools more secure would be the best place to start.
Thank you, it’s exactly what I’ve said in the last load of threads like this. Unless something big happens that actually has a reasonable chance to change then I’ll be saying it on the next load of threads too

It’s sad that nothing is changing

Back