US open golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I conked out hours ago but have just woken up looks like in time to catch the last few holes :)

Rose gone to hell looks like. Woodland's to lose with still an outside chance Koepka.

Woodland looks superb to be fair. Had a couple of bogeys but never had the sense he was losing it, always seemed in control. Very Koepka-like performance to be fair to him.

Koepka been very good too, but left a lot of putts short. Not just today, yesterday too.

Just back in from the Beach and Rose has totally fucked this last few holes his ball has been on laser guided for a bunker and putted for shit
I think Woodland deserves it been the best player all week and seems to be holding up well - th epressure must be immense

Just back in from the Beach and Rose has totally fucked this last few holes his ball has been on laser guided for a bunker and putted for shit
I think Woodland deserves it been the best player all week and seems to be holding up well - th epressure must be immense

Agree on Woodland, been superb all week and he's handled the pressure amazing, especially considering he's never been in contention in a major before, and he has a machine like Koepka bearing down on him. Huge respect.

Rose - he's obviously had a good week, but I feel this is the week catching up with him somewhat. He's been saving himself with crazy putting all week, he's not been hitting his fairways or greens at all. The ball's stopped dropping and he's dropping back.

Woodland has had plenty wonder-putts drop too, but his all-around play has been fantastic and is putting himself in the position for it to be profitable for him.

Last edited:
Brilliant, 30 secs of golf could have gone so different there from both players

all it comes down to

Koepka massive missed chance there like

Aye, superb performance from Koepka, just wasn't quite there in the end, Woodland has just simply been outstanding.

Do a daft, weird, geeky spreadsheet for each Major for betting. Just a hobby way I enjoying picking my selections.

Anyway, went back and had a look at it for this. When i was ranking I ranked a bunch of 'suitable for Pebble' stats (scrambling, around the green, short-game ranking) and I ranked a bunch of historical US Open trends for winners (GIR and All-around ranking). My formula then added them together to get an overall, but I gave a bigger weighting to Pebble stats.

When i've looked, the top two in my US Open trend rankings were Koepka and Woodland :cry::cry::cry:.

well played sir, nerves of steel

Do a daft, weird, geeky spreadsheet for each Major for betting. Just a hobby way I enjoying picking my selections.

Anyway, went back and had a look at it for this. When i was ranking I ranked a bunch of 'suitable for Pebble' stats (scrambling, around the green, short-game ranking) and I ranked a bunch of historical US Open trends for winners (GIR and All-around ranking). My formula then added them together to get an overall, but I gave a bigger weighting to Pebble stats.

When i've looked, the top two in my US Open trend rankings were Koepka and Woodland :cry::cry::cry:.

Christ!

He was 100/1!

It obviously works, do me a favour do the same for the British Openand let me know

well played sir, nerves of steel

Christ!

He was 100/1!

It obviously works, do me a favour do the same for the British Openand let me know

:lol: First time I've done it that in-depth, suspect it may be a case of beginners luck.

And luck is not quite the right word, seeing as I never actually bloody backed them because I favoured 'Pebble Beach' trends over US Open trends. C'est la Vie.

I recorded him as 66/1 with Skybet, 10 places, about a week before the tournament began.

brilliant! what a performance

:lol: First time I've done it that in-depth, suspect it may be a case of beginners luck.

And luck is not quite the right word, seeing as I never actually bloody backed them because I favoured 'Pebble Beach' trends over US Open trends. C'est la Vie.

I recorded him as 66/1 with Skybet, 10 places, about a week before the tournament began.

worth ago again though surely, was defs 100/1 few places

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back