US open golf thread

I don't have the stats at hand and I'm just going off my own memory but more and more it seems you just have to be up there near the top of the leaderboard going into day 3 of a major nowadays. Although I'm sure it has happened lately I cant remember the last major winner that was say 6 or 7 behind going into day 3

Annoys me that McGinley on commentary is treated like some leadership genius because he captained one ryder cup
He is completely incompetent as a commentator too. At least Monty, who was a bell had a fantastic golf career. This bloke got cushions and put up pictures in the Ryder Cup Team Room and is viewed as a genius.

He is completely incompetent as a commentator too. At least Monty, who was a bell had a fantastic golf career. This bloke got cushions and put up pictures in the Ryder Cup Team Room and is viewed as a genius.

Mcginley is definitely the weak link in what otherwise is a fantastic presenting team. Murray, Been and Riley are excellent listens imo. Rob Lee and Nick Dougherty good to. Dougherty reminds me and Ian Ward presenting the cricket as in they seem that natural in front of the cameras its easy to forget both had decent careers in there sports before going into there roles

Mcginley is definitely the weak link in what otherwise is a fantastic presenting team. Murray, Been and Riley are excellent listens imo. Rob Lee and Nick Dougherty good to. Dougherty reminds me and Ian Ward presenting the cricket as in they seem that natural in front of the cameras its easy to forget both had decent careers in there sports before going into there roles
I have some issues with Murray as he can be a tad whimsical for my liking but on balance he gets the nod. All things considered they have an excellent team, I really like Rob Lee and Dougherty is an excellent front man. Riley is superb on the fairways, top notch, and Beem is a humble and knowledgable bloke. He is a Major winner ffs, class.

I agree with Murray, Been and the standout Riley, but Rob hedge my bets Lee, and Nick Dougherty are absolutely shite. Bring back Dougherty's wife Di Stewart she far better and a very nice person as well.

They can also stick there cart were the sun don't shine for me. The interview with Woods last night was embarrassing to say the least, and Woods reaction at the end said it all.

Back