Urgent work laptop advice needed lads/lasses

It really depends on how much you use it as a portable device. If like me it's once in a blue moon then I'd go for a 15" laptop and hook it up to a 30" tv. Yesterday and today is a blue moon and I'm finding the laptop screen too small.

Get one with an SSD. I'm using a works laptop and it is so slow to start up in comparison to my older and less powerful personal laptop.

If its gonna move around get the Dell if its desktop replacement get the hp. There's a reason so many journos use Dell and lenovos, they are hard to break.
Dropped my work Dell on the drive this week, slipped out of the bag when I got it out of the boot. Was a right clatter.
Undamaged,the kalashnikov of lap tops.

It really depends on how much you use it as a portable device. If like me it's once in a blue moon then I'd go for a 15" laptop and hook it up to a 30" tv. Yesterday and today is a blue moon and I'm finding the laptop screen too small.

Get one with an SSD. I'm using a works laptop and it is so slow to start up in comparison to my older and less powerful personal laptop.

Its about 50/50 mate office/on the move.

Dropped my work Dell on the drive this week, slipped out of the bag when I got it out of the boot. Was a right clatter.
Undamaged,the kalashnikov of lap tops.

They arent pretty but they take a good battering. If you're moving from desk to desk and the laptop is going into a nice sleeve and bag each time Id get a nice surface pro every single time. But the second there's a chance of a drop, knock, spill or hit the latitude or lenovos are a complete no brainer.

Its about 50/50 mate office/on the move.
I have a lenovo ideapad that I bought six years ago that is still going strong. Cost me around £300 from Currys. I don't use it for anything that requires lots of CPU. In fact I remote into a desktop at work with it every day. You could consider getting a powerful desktop and remoting in from a bog standard laptop while out and about. It would depend on you having a wifi signal which may not always be the case.

Back