Unpopular opinions you have

Footballers are not over paid. Young boys are pretty much in competition with every other boy in school to get to the top. There needs to be some huge reward.

Shit yes! Tony Blair was the best pm we ever had. I'm routinely bollocked for expressing that view!

People need to stop blaming bookies for their own unhealthy betting habits.

I really should have put very good PM in terms of domestic matters (Minimum wage, public services got a lot of much needed funding, education system/NHS were both well staffed and ran better than they are now.), no denying he was awful on international matters, mind.

Footballers are not over paid. Young boys are pretty much in competition with every other boy in school to get to the top. There needs to be some huge reward.

Shit yes! Tony Blair was the best pm we ever had. I'm routinely bollocked for expressing that view!

People need to stop blaming bookies for their own unhealthy betting habits.
Agreed!

Apart from genuinely honking people, most of what folk call 'bad body odour' is simply the normal smell a person has, and we're all forced to be overly clean because the neurotics have decided every one has to smell of nothing but some kind of synthetic fragrance.

generally speaking the English are a bunch of arseholes.

Unpopular opinions please not restatements of generally accepted wisdom.

Jimmy Page isn’t that great a guitarist and his tone is thin and trebly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be legal to throw half bricks at cyclists even on the rare occasions when they obey the law.

you live near the peak district :p

Mountain bikers' 'lives are at risk from medieval-style' traps placed on popular trails..
Mountain bikers have warned their lives are being put at risk by “idiots with a vendetta” placing “booby traps” on popular trails in the Peak District.

Reports of branches placed at head height, drawing pins and glass laid on tracks, and sticks with dogs faeces smeared on them appearing across trail paths have all emerged recently.

Albeit I believe in Democracy, I think that the Middle East is more stable when dictators are in power in certain countries. We should stop trying to influence / manipulate / interfere with their political systems.

The current shower disguised as the Labour party don't have the first clue on what makes the normal working man tick and have no idea beyond sound bites about inequality and such like. Nor do they particularly care.
Hmm, a few things in there.

The current shower disguised as the Labour party don't have the first clue on what makes the normal working man tick - agree
and have no idea beyond sound bites about inequality and such like - Disagree, they'd be doing a lot better if they gave a shit about soundbites
Nor do they particularly care. - Disagree with that too.

Albeit I believe in Democracy, I think that the Middle East is more stable when dictators are in power in certain countries. We should stop trying to influence / manipulate / interfere with their political systems.
Oooh, got one.

Democracy is overrated. It's just a popularity contest.

Last edited:
Hmm, a few things in there.

The current shower disguised as the Labour party don't have the first clue on what makes the normal working man tick - agree
and have no idea beyond sound bites about inequality and such like - Disagree, they'd be doing a lot better if they gave a shit about soundbites
Nor do they particularly care. - Disagree with that too.
That's all you ever hear tho. For the many not the few and all that shite. Absolute no substance to any of it. We'll have to agree to disagree tho as it's Friday afternoon and I've got better things to do. ;)

Back