University Challenge

I'm intrigued to see how Amol Rajan plays it. He can't do Bamber Gascogine's benign academic approach but, equally, I'm not sure he can show the disdain that Paxman was capable of. He comes across as a likeable man anyway.

I'm intrigued to see how Amol Rajan plays it. He can't do Bamber Gascogine's benign academic approach but, equally, I'm not sure he can show the disdain that Paxman was capable of. He comes across as a likeable man anyway.
Likeable but tough.

Been getting some controversy over number of Oxford/Cambridge colleges who take part so for example Durham has 17 colleges though can only enter as Durham.
There's more important stuff to get bothered about though this Oxbridge bias should have been sorted by now.

Been getting some controversy over number of Oxford/Cambridge colleges who take part so for example Durham has 17 colleges though can only enter as Durham.
There's more important stuff to get bothered about though this Oxbridge bias should have been sorted by now.
I think it mostly prevents one or other of Oxford and Cambridge winning near enough every year, as much as anything.

Does it fook - more teams means more chances to win

So, you're saying that, if the best 4 competitors from the Oxford colleges each year and the best 4 competitors from the Cambridge colleges each year, there wouldn't be close to a duopoly of winners? There'd be more universities getting on TV but virtually all of the series winners would be Oxford or Cambridge.

Back