Under 19 World Cup

Another u19 world cup where England have under performed that sloppy performance against the Windies has cost them.
This group have played a lot of their u19s cricket home and away against Australia and basically have been 2nd best.

Embarrassing that. They need to look at that rule because he’s clearly not gaining from picking the ball up.
I always found the concept of our handled ball a weird rule anyway(albeit now obstructing the field)

Cos you can use your bat and other part of body to stop the ball hitting stumps.

But not your hand, makes and made no sense :lol:

Umpires need to be stronger there I think. I can understand why they aren’t though, they’re trying to prove themselves just as much as the players are and will stick to the laws and that’s it. But I’d like them to apply common sense.

On a positive note, Mustard is looking strong behind the stumps.

Little shithouses got rolled over anyway.

Didn't see the game but I hope we gave them some rough stuff and called every one of them a cheat as they got out.

Another disappointing u19 world cup for England.
Yeah overall I have to agree but there were bright spots for me. Mckinney and Sheikh batting and Taz Ali's bowling.

I see the Paks defended 150 against Bangladesh to secure the last semi final birth. Ubaid Shah with a 5for. He looks rapid like, must be up there at around 140kph.
Embarrassing that. They need to look at that rule because he’s clearly not gaining from picking the ball up.
That's a f***ing joke that like. A dead rubber and they go on like that? Disgrace. Hamza should have known better but I'm surprised he didn't start windmilling the fuckers.

Last edited:
Heard Campbell at a talk in the other week, and I must say I'm not sure he has much faith in McKinney at this point. Made a few slight digs about U19 cricket in general with kids strutting around in their blazer, that felt a bit directed at him. Also when directly asked about how he balances developing youth with being successful, he started talking about use of the loan system. Virtually listed his opening game line up on the proviso 1 would still need to miss out, and McKinney didnt event make that list.

Heard Campbell at a talk in the other week, and I must say I'm not sure he has much faith in McKinney at this point. Made a few slight digs about U19 cricket in general with kids strutting around in their blazer, that felt a bit directed at him. Also when directly asked about how he balances developing youth with being successful, he started talking about use of the loan system. Virtually listed his opening game line up on the proviso 1 would still need to miss out, and McKinney didnt event make that list.
Maybe we should be looking at loaning Mckinney out to a div 2 team instead of playing NEPL.

That's a shame to hear about their attitude. There's a fine line between confidence and cocky.

I see India U19's are through to the final.
Will play the Aussies after a nail biting last wicket win over the Paks.

Mags Vs mags in the final : /

Last edited:
That's a shame to hear about their attitude. There's a fine line between confidence and cocky.

I see India U19's are through to the final.
Will play the Aussies after a nail biting last wicket win over the Paks.

Mags Vs mags in the final : /
International Cricket is turning into as big a yawn fest as most top flight football leagues

Back