Under 19 World Cup

Not sure why McKinney keeps bowling Jack here. They need wickets to win and the spinners doing well and the seamers crap.

That being said get some of these lads into the county game next season.

Even if they are young. Ali and Ahmed look cracking bowlers.

Shaikh a cracking batsman.

Last edited:
Only watched Englands innings but a bit if a clumsy defeat by England for me. Hope they don't pay for it in the next griup stage the super six.
They had enough with how the spinners bowled, would have won if McKinney hadn't kept bowling Jack.

The spinners were getting joy on the pitch and kept using the pace of Jack to not much effect.

Denly had 5 at the start going for only 17, then wasn't seen again and brought on Benkenstein when it was too late.

Lesson for McKinney I hope, as was very much in the Buttler school of captaincy.

Still likely go through as top of the group, but I read you carry points through. So harder job of Semis if that is the case as a result.

Last edited:
They had enough with how the spinners bowled, would have won if McKinney hadn't kept bowling Jack.

The spinners were getting joy on the pitch and kept using the pace of Jack to not much effect.

Denly had 5 at the start going for only 17, then wasn't seen again and brought on Benkenstein when it was too late.

Lesson for McKinney I hope, as was very much in the Buttler school of captaincy.

Still likely go through as top of the group, but I read you carry points through. So harder job of Semis if that is the case as a result.
Yeah only take 4 points rather than 6. It could mean they have to beat say India or Australia to guarantee a semi final.
I thought in our innings we didn't work the ball around enough and rotate the strike which I'm sure they would have talked about before the game as they are based at Potch.
Very much agree with you about our spinners great to see young English sliw bowlers who genuinely spin the ball.

Shaikh looks a hell of a player mind.

Aye looks mature beyond his years.

Not even 18 yet.
Agreed, looks like the comms bigging him up were right. I watched his innings back yesterday. I have to say, I like what I see. Only 17 anarl? Blimey! He's got a bit of cockyness about him, not arrogant but a quiet confidence. Looks like Hassan Ali but bats like a young Mohammed Yousuf. Anyone who can play though the offside on the up like that is going to do well. I would've liked him to kick on so we could see how he goes through the gears, but he's got the tools to go on and do really well imo. I'll be keeping an eye out for him.

Just hope he's not another Bilal Shafayat. Can remember him coming through Notts and he was smashing all the age group Eng records at the time, but he never really fulfilled his early promise for whatever reason.
Yeah only take 4 points rather than 6. It could mean they have to beat say India or Australia to guarantee a semi final.
I thought in our innings we didn't work the ball around enough and rotate the strike which I'm sure they would have talked about before the game as they are based at Potch.
Very much agree with you about our spinners great to see young English sliw bowlers who genuinely spin the ball.
It was the first time the middle order got a run out in the tourney. I think there's plenty in the tank batting wise to come. Agree about the bowlers, lots of promise and skill on show. Love U19 WC's!
Good game this.

England need 3 wickets to win and Windies 37.
Has anyone seen that Shah bowl for Pakistan? Naseem Shah's younger brother. I know they haven't got speed guns but it would be nice to see if he is as quick as Naseem. Took 3 wickets today. They're battering the Kiwis.

Last edited:
The key moment was the drop on the boundary for the lad who made unbeaten 49 if they had taken that would of needed 37 with only 3 wickets left.

Our batting never really going couple of the young spinners bowled pretty well.

Well that's the under 19s all but out. Horrendous DLS target for them today mind.

The Windies game was there for the taking if the bowling changes had been better and has cost them big time.

Back