UK Covid levels rise 30% in a week to estimated 2.3m cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware from someone I know well that guidelines are not necessarily being followed in hospitals. Supposedly mask restrictions have been lifted for all employees unless there are suspected or known outbreaks of covid in a department. There was an outbreak of covid in a department including one person with the classic covid cough who just stayed at work for a couple of days coughing their lungs up. At least one other person in the department then went down with covid, but my source suspects there were more because others were off sick also. This was not on a ward, but these people mix with nurses and doctors in the canteen. No masks were worn during this covid outbreak which was at odds with communication on covid practice.

I was at the doctors surgery yesterday. Masks are not required anymore and they've put more chairs back in the waiting area so they're closer to each now. The receptionists didn't have masks on but the nurse was wearing one.

I was at the doctors surgery yesterday. Masks are not required anymore and they've put more chairs back in the waiting area so they're closer to each now. The receptionists didn't have masks on but the nurse was wearing one.
Mental in my surgery...luckily I only have to pick up prescriptions for 'er indoors. Last time I picked up there were 6 people waiting for them to open up after lunch, so all chatting as per normal, but then mask up, one at a time and keep to the one way system in case you bump into someone you've been talking to without a mask.

I don't know anywhere else that still has restrictions, so how many lives do they think they are saving.

It's not a surprise. I know someone well who assures me that people are going to work knowing they have covid. It was happening during the period that was termed 'the pandemic' also, but I reckon there will be a lot more of it now.
Going to be a lot more of this in the NHS going forward.

BBC News - Special Covid leave scrapped for NHS England staff

I really can't see why they are not offering boosters to everyone who wants one going into Autumn/Winter. Even if 1/3 eligible took it the difference could be huge when it comes to possible deaths and hospitalisations
It should at least be offered to asthmatics like the flu jab is.

Haway the Buckingham booster , 5th one now int it ?
They've let you out of the nick already?
When did that change? I went to Specsavers for new glasses about a month ago and masks were required as it's a medical setting.

Last edited:
They've let you out of the nick already?

When did that change? I went to Specsavers for new glasses about a month ago and masks were required as it's a medical setting.

Must be within the last two weeks as I had to wear a mask at my previous appointment and there were just random single chairs dotted about in the waiting room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back