Uganda

Travis

Striker
Going to Lake Bunoynyi in a few weeks to film a promo for the first dance music festival to be held in East Africa with proceeds going to the Pygmy tribe that live on edge of the lake......erm any recommendations? :eek:

Going to Lake Bunoynyi in a few weeks to film a promo for the first dance music festival to be held in East Africa with proceeds going to the Pygmy tribe that live on edge of the lake......erm any recommendations? :eek:
Come again?

How on earth do you get embroiled in something like that?

Come again?

How on earth do you get embroiled in something like that?

Pretty lucky really. Spend majority of my work filming corporate stuff with the odd event thrown in but got speakikg to someone last year through music and ended up helping film a documentary (not finished yet) about the 90s rave scene. This has escalated to working with a charity called Abode and this is what they are doing. Feel privileged to be able to experience something like this and get to create something I love doing on the back of it. We also have the BBC with us documenting what we are up to out there.

Pretty lucky really. Spend majority of my work filming corporate stuff with the odd event thrown in but got speakikg to someone last year through music and ended up helping film a documentary (not finished yet) about the 90s rave scene. This has escalated to working with a charity called Abode and this is what they are doing. Feel privileged to be able to experience something like this and get to create something I love doing on the back of it. We also have the BBC with us documenting what we are up to out there.
Do you do this freelance or do you work for a company?

Friend of mine from the Netherlands went on some year long church trip out to Uganda and she ended up marrying a local she met out there. She was met with a lot of racial slurs out there and said it was daily abuse on the streets that only got worse once it was known she was an item with this guy. They moved to Europe and chose the UK as they both spoke English. Shortly after he arrived he got very depressed and struggled to live here because the new culture and surroundings were so alien to him. It got so bad that they moved back to Uganda again but she got a reasonable govt job out there and hoped that living in a nicer area would see an improvement.

That is my Uganda story. Thanks for listening.

Back