UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

Does this mean Poirier vs McGregor for the undisputed???

I can see them spinning this because Poirer beat Gaethje, not saying I agree with it though

McGregor doesn’t deserve a shot at the title.
Absolutely not. It means McGregor thankfully fucks off regardless of result and has his red panty night with Pacquiao

So dominating that Justin had to be saved by the bell at end of round 2. Aye.

Dear me. That’s all he did. Gaethje absolutely destroyed him.

McGregor doesn’t deserve a shot at the title.

Dear me. That’s all he did. Gaethje absolutely destroyed him.

I know he doesn't mate but it is a business rather than a sport
Absolutely not. It means McGregor thankfully fucks off regardless of result and has his red panty night with Pacquiao

So dominating that Justin had to be saved by the bell at end of round 2. Aye.

McGregor fighting for a title makes them millions, 100% it will be on the radar, like I say I don't agree with it but its money

Last edited:
I'd even have Michael Chandler beating McGregor he's that irrelevant.

He can fuck off and have his 100 mil payday with Pacman, the lightweight division is better without him.
He caught him once. Gaethje looked a step above and won 4 out of 5 rounds, brutally.

Once is enough when you're not saved by the bell. An extra 15 seconds on the clock and Justin wouldn't even be in the picture.

So to say that and the fact he trained for a grappler for 10 weeks and got a stand-up fighter instead more than warrants him the rematch. Besides, who's the alternatives? Tony v Justin rematch is the fight to make.

Last edited:
"That's all he did" You say that as if having to be saved by the bell isn't a close call. ffs man.

Ye talk some shite.

He wasn't saved by the bell. He got hit off a good uppercut and dropped to the knee. No1 knows what would have happened after that. It the shot was so good he'd have been cloudy 3rd round.

Ferguson would be mauled like the rest of them.

I know he doesn't mate but it is a business rather than a sport

McGregor fighting for a title makes them millions, 100% it will be on the radar, like I say I don't agree with it but its money

For me, it should be:

Gaethje v Poirier for the belt
Ferguson v McGregor (if he fancies it) and the winner fights the champ.

"That's all he did" You say that as if having to be saved by the bell isn't a close call. ffs man.

Ye talk some shite.

You clearly know your stuff but Justin dominated TF, which I was gutted about. TF did the weight cut for his previous fight for no reason...beast!

KN retire as probably the best ever,possibly could have moved up a weight class, but well never know!

I'd even have Michael Chandler beating McGregor he's that irrelevant.

He can fuck off and have his 100 mil payday with Pacman, the lightweight division is better without him.

Once is enough when you're not saved by the bell. An extra 15 seconds on the clock and Justin wouldn't even be in the picture.

So to say that and the fact he trained for a grappler for 10 weeks and got a stand-up fighter instead more than warrants him the rematch. Besides, who's the alternatives? Tony v Justin rematch is the fight to make.

Why take the fight at short notice if one doesn't think they can win? Also, if they take that fight and then use the short notice as an excuse I think that's below the belt. The same goes for a fan using that excuse.

McGregor will be having a cheeky wank tonight at the prospect of getting a title shot now Khabib has retired, lot of family pride in Khabib's family, respect to them, true champion.

Gotta disagree with ya here mate. Gaethje's boxing is seriously high level and his camp is pretty all Southpaws except him, he'd destroy McGregor

He gets hit far too easily mate, McGregor loves opponents like him. McGregor is a better boxer than Gaethje, but we’ll agree to disagree.

McGregor will be having a cheeky wank tonight at the prospect of getting a title shot now Khabib has retired, lot of family pride in Khabib's family, respect to them, true champion.

McG wins the title - that might bring him back? I don’t think so tbh...he seems the most genuine fella in the roster. A true beast.

Would he fuck. As much as I think McGregor is a tit, he’d piece Gaethje up with his stand up.
Not a fuckin chance. For all his achievements McGregor is basically a chancer IMO. Tough when he needs to be undoubtedly, but he'll get found in there against the likes of Gaethje, without doubt.

You clearly know your stuff but Justin dominated TF, which I was gutted about. TF did the weight cut for his previous fight for no reason...beast!

KN retire as probably the best ever,possibly could have moved up a weight class, but well never know!

You're right! I'm just explaining the circumstances around the fight in which he justifies a rematch.

He doesn't blame the 2nd weight cut in why he lost, he blames the completely different styles he was preparing for, which is valid.

Back