UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

McGregor will be having a cheeky wank tonight at the prospect of getting a title shot now Khabib has retired, lot of family pride in Khabib's family, respect to them, true champion.
Not sure , I think he believed he would beat him in a rematch...think he will be dissapointed.
Not a fuckin chance. For all his achievements McGregor is basically a chancer IMO. Tough when he needs to be undoubtedly, but he'll get found in there against the likes of Gaethje, without doubt.
How is he a chancer? He hasn't ducked anyone..?

Not sure , I think he believed he would beat him in a rematch...think he will be dissapointed.

Just my interpretation of the bloke mate. Shrewd, tough, and capable as fuck. I'm not questioning that. But has hand picked his opponents, Gaethje's not the type of bloke you can dictate shit to IMO

McGregor can't even do 5 rounds without gassing. Imagine him in the same cage as Ferguson, the equivalent of the fat kid racing against the physically ripped kid in PE on sports day.

McG wins the title - that might bring him back? I don’t think so tbh...he seems the most genuine fella in the roster. A true beast.
Khabib a true champion shown his class at every level, respect to him on his decision to retire, hopefully he'll be back to put them all in their place once his mam gives it the ok!

McGregor isn't, he's just a cock, he's top level after Khabib. He will give anyone in lightweight a fight outside of Khabib.

Nah, past his prime now mate. Might be capable of of keeping the candle people still hold for him alight against hand picked opponents but won't do nowt with Gaethje. Don't think he'd do owt with Poirier tbh

You're right! I'm just explaining the circumstances around the fight in which he justifies a rematch.

He doesn't blame the 2nd weight cut in why he lost, he blames the completely different styles he was preparing for, which is valid.

Fair play, the man is insane! Love his unorthodox approach...like to see how it goes now in LW division, as the unbeatable has just checked out in a very classy fashion.

Don’t get this McGregor is a cock shit mind. Think he’s good crack tbf.

Aye. Sexually assaulting lasses, being racist, punching old men and getting his cock out for no reason is good crack.

It's at the point where us Irish would rather tolerate James Gallagher and his fake Dublin accent when he's from Northern Ireland and that says alot.

A chancer? You don’t sleep the likes of Aldo in 13 seconds and dominate Eddie Alvarez mate. The bloke’s marmite, but he’s still got dynamite in his hands.
Aye but he played Aldo and Alvarez, beat them before they ever got into the ring. That's done with now, it might still work on some but not on the likes of Justin Gaethje or as I said in another post Dustin Poirier IMO.

McGregor/Dustin may not even go ahead or atleast get postponed.

All forms of sports or training is banned here in Ireland until 1st December because of COVID. And then you have to consider Xmas/New Year, it's a very short camp for McGregor if it goes ahead.

McGregor/Dustin may not even go ahead or atleast get postponed.

All forms of sports or training is banned here in Ireland until 1st December because of COVID. And then you have to consider Xmas/New Year, it's a very short camp for McGregor if it goes ahead.
Could come and train in the UK if there is no elite athlete exemption in Ireland?

CM has got one party piece, and it is very good, but it’s all he’s got.

The other contenders at the top of 155 can win in numerous ways and can push the pace etc, none of which CM especially likes.

I have been a huge McGregor fan but he is not in the same league as Khabib.
Connor will love this announcement and will start shooting his mouth off "I am this and I am that" Bollocks. You tapped against Diaz and you tapped against Khabib
Looking at that division now, Justin possibly best after what he did to Ferguson but that division pretty shit now

well I wasn’t expecting Khabib to push the pace that much, Gaethje just couldn’t handle it and that takedown counter on the kick was class.

the division is pretty much wide open now as I can’t see much between any of the contenders. I’d quite like to see oliveira in a number 1 contender fight next

Back