Uber losses

Expected to announce losses of 5 billion dollars for the last quarter.

At what point do investors stop pumping dosh in.

Still has a market worth of 68 billion..

Usually opt for ViaVan if I can get one because they tend to be cheaper, but they only operate in Zones 1 and 2.

There's another new taxi app come out recently called Kapten and they're offering 70% off your first three trips and a tenner credit for every new customer you refer.

Once driverless cars come, they will make billions. It’s all about getting market share ready for that.

That's where their eggs are certainly.

But can they hold out he 5 or 10 years losing 10-20 billion a year..

Takes a long time to recoup that amount of money

I’ve used Uber in Sunderland like.
Aw well. I've tried a few times but never had any joy. It let me price up the journey and that then said no cars available. Been a while since I tried like.
That's where their eggs are certainly.

But can they hold out he 5 or 10 years losing 10-20 billion a year..

Takes a long time to recoup that amount of money
Aren't the drivers owner drivers as well? Going to be some outlay to replace those with driverless vehicles which aren't going to be cheap tech anytime soon.

Last edited:
Usually opt for ViaVan if I can get one because they tend to be cheaper, but they only operate in Zones 1 and 2.

There's another new taxi app come out recently called Kapten and they're offering 70% off your first three trips and a tenner credit for every new customer you refer.
ViaVan part owned by Mercedes-Benz. 😎

Operates in MK too if you’re ever there.

All about the future value I suppose.

If they succeed in introducing self-driving cars and cut out the middle-men drivers, the dosh will roll in - in theory 😂

Tried to get one once in Sunderland and nothing showed up. Got an Uber back to Sunderland from Newcastle absolutely no bother on a couple of occasions.

Lose billions and still be regarded as a success, even become POTUS.............never ever get my head around capitalism.
Tried to get one once in Sunderland and nothing showed up. Got an Uber back to Sunderland from Newcastle absolutely no bother on a couple of occasions.
Yay for Newcastle eh?

Some of the councils refuse to give them plates. I know Gateshead point blank refuse so you will struggle to find cars. Maybe Sunderland are the same

Back