Uber losses

Over 100,000 minicab drivers licensed in London now. The sooner Uber are banned the better. There's enough taxis without this lot clogging up London too.

Needs intervention from central government though so no hope in hell of that.

Ultimately, those numbers can't be self sustaining. Demand can't be increasing in those volumes.

Over 100,000 minicab drivers licensed in London now. The sooner Uber are banned the better. There's enough taxis without this lot clogging up London too.

Needs intervention from central government though so no hope in hell of that.
Its Mayor Khans Portfolio under TFL. But agree with you.

When you factor in crossrail eventually opening and the upgrades to the tube to increase capacity and the expansion of the night tube I don't see how Uber can win in London

The hackney cabs have the TFL on their side and the way this country opperates it'll be ten years until driverless cars get license to operate.

Uber won't fail but they need to start turning a profit soon

When you factor in crossrail eventually opening and the upgrades to the tube to increase capacity and the expansion of the night tube I don't see how Uber can win in London

The hackney cabs have the TFL on their side and the way this country opperates it'll be ten years until driverless cars get license to operate.

Uber won't fail but they need to start turning a profit soon
How wrong you are.

Cant see Uber ever turning a profit

Last edited:
Like it or not, there's a massive demand for Uber and the other operators like Kaptain or whatever its called. A mass ban on all of them and I think the TFL public transport would struggle. Around my area for example, at peak times there isn't even enough time on the tube platform because of all the tower blocks popping up all over the place. Until there's something done to handle the extra people, it would cause havoc for a while IMO, because I doubt that plenty of people using Uber would bother with a black cab

Like it or not, there's a massive demand for Uber and the other operators like Kaptain or whatever its called. A mass ban on all of them and I think the TFL public transport would struggle. Around my area for example, at peak times there isn't even enough time on the tube platform because of all the tower blocks popping up all over the place. Until there's something done to handle the extra people, it would cause havoc for a while IMO, because I doubt that plenty of people using Uber would bother with a black cab

Last Thursday I got the bus from Aldwych towards Piccadilly. On the Strand I got out and walked and the bus was miles from catching me up.....in every car window the tell tale signs of private hire cars. The bus was near empty. Uber is too cheap and no wonder people choose that convenience over the bus. Perhaps they will now.

Last Thursday I got the bus from Aldwych towards Piccadilly. On the Strand I got out and walked and the bus was miles from catching me up.....in every car window the tell tale signs of private hire cars. The bus was near empty. Uber is too cheap and no wonder people choose that convenience over the bus. Perhaps they will now.

Precisely my experience too. Zone 1 is terrible for gridlock causes in part through empty black cabs as well. It's the reason I started to cycle in London, only way to get anywhere on time.

The totally fucked the Aldwych up when they remodelled the lanes a few years back. Its a total bottleneck now. TFL are a f***ing nightmare.

Back